No announcement yet.

new f1 clutch is a stocker! wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have any pics of your clutch? someone on clubprotege.com is talking about buying a f1 clutch i pointed him to over here. By the way where did you read the bad reviews on the ETD clutch? i read good stuff on miataturbo.net, i tried to research and it seemed good at the time

Comment

It was the "xtd" clutch that had bad reviews, its stage 2 that I bought had all good reviews, I will take some pics and post them up tomorrow. Its just a painted blue pressure plate that has the kia stamp on it lol

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
      1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
      R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
      00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
      03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
      pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
      Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
      Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
        i read good stuff on miataturbo.net, i tried to research and it seemed good at the time
        Like I said in a previous post, most of the NEW off-brand stuff sold on ebay seems to have quality control issues; the reviews can be all over the map.

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
        Its just a painted blue pressure plate that has the kia stamp on it lol
        The fact that it is stamped with Kia, doesn't actually mean that it is an OEM Kia part. It just means that the factory that made the pressure plate for F1 makes Kia pressure plates. But sadly, it won't tell you if it is built to a higher or a lower quality, since the factory may have used different material, treatment and/or tolerances.

I wouldn't judge it by the facts that you stated alone. But from the posts it sounds like you haven't had much confidence in the product from the beginning. Just keep your receipts and the box & if it goes bad, then don't admit to racing or running 16psi, but try to hit them up for the warranty.

BTW, it's always good to know your rights as a consumer. A lot of the reviews that I read of people bashing parts, seems that the people just throw it away instead of returning it for a replacement one or just getting their money back if it does break
        Last edited by Aspire; 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
          It was the "xtd" clutch that had bad reviews, its stage 2 that I bought had all good reviews, I will take some pics and post them up tomorrow. Its just a painted blue pressure plate that has the kia stamp on it lol
          I had an XTD Stage II clutch in my XR2 a while back, it held up pretty good no slipping. It was a simple OEM Daiken pressure plate, painted red with an "XTD" sticker over the Daiken stamp. I'm not sure if it had been modified for extra clamping force though. The disk was their own, with a carbon kevlar friction material. Like I said, held up good, b6t w/ Tbird turbo, FMIC, etc running 16-18lbs of boost. I ditched it for a Fidanza flywheel + ACT HDSS combo.
          Clutch is actually still running in a friend's car that I built.

XTD doesnt really seem to be around anymore, maybe replaced by F1? same stuff different badge?
          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
          X