Lovin' Bumblebee even more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovin' Bumblebee even more...

Just yesterday, gave her new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. NGK Iridiums....

Wanted to do oil change and speedo cable fix as well, but it was getting late so I guess it will have to wait until I get more free time from work. In the mean time, I managed to show my friends how light the car was by lifting the front off the ground.....laughs ensued.

Mileage definitely went up. Did a full shift delivering today and the needle barely moved.

Also had to drop by Restaurant Depot to get chicken for the restaurant. With the back seats gone, I managed to store eight 40 lb cases of chicken, a large box of romaine lettuce, and a large box of celery and still have my rear view. I had a co-worker ride shotgun and the funny part is, even with me, him, and the cargo, the festy still hasn't hit 2000lbs

I thought the engine would struggle with the load, but it handled it pretty well. My boss also likes it because it gives his restaurant free publicity because of the paint job the previous owner had on it.

Next time, I'm really going to fix the speedo. As anxious as I am to know how many MPGs I'm getting, I can't because the odo has died with the speedo. Other than that, I'm loving the perks of being a Festy owner.
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

I used my festy to help my mom move... I fit like 8 boxes in the back eithout the seat. Big boxes. Gotta love em!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I used to pack around my double bass drum kit (7 piece) in my Festiva! Good to see ya showin your Festi some love and showing how cool Festivas really are!

Comment

my 91 was a pizza delivery monster
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

^^^ My '91 was as well, with a BP in it

Chaos, how did you go about weighing the car? <2000lb with two guys and stuff in it seems very light, even with an empty tank all of mine have weighed around 1900 without anyone in it. Also, are you sure you picked up the front of the car not the back? Never seen the front picked up by one guy before, back maybe, but not the front lol. Anyway, glad its running well now, get that speedo fixed so you can learn your MPGs and brag to your friends
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

My buddy works at a topsoil place and they have a scale. With me and him in there, the scale said about 1900, both of us weight about 150, I had my back seat out and had just cleaned my car.

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
            91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

There's no way that's right...sorry
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Well also my car is also stripped of anything and everything....so that may contribute to it as well.
                "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
                --Anonymous

Comment

I took Twin (my stripped, stock '92L) to the scrapyard once to deliver some metal. Weighing in and out, with what the operator said was "plus or minus twenty pounds" her indicated weight was 1800 pounds. That's with no one inside, no back seat, a bunch of tools and other stuff which probably made up for the lack of the back seat.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                  X