No announcement yet.

What's this guy smokin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wana find this oil company, I got a parts car they can have for $8000. Then I can go out and buy like 20 festivas and call the company back

Comment

^^+1!
      Count me in on that deal!
      You could buy a used 93 for that much in 1994. Let's face it, a new one if the dealership was trying to clear inventory.
      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
      95 Grand Prix SE DD
      Wife's Stuff:
      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

They started at $5900 new I believe.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

People tend to charge what the market will bear. Somehow though I don't think that that stubble-jumper-owned Festiva will be changing hands soon unless oil patch workers or arctic diamond miners suddenly decide that a 2 decade old gas miser is fashionable over being seen in a Super Duty or a hummer.
          By the way I talked to a Toyota Prius (hybrid) owner on Friday. He makes the same 220 km (135 mi) daily commute that I do (Ottawa-Cornwall) and prided himself on doing it for only $14. I looked through my gas receipts and, by gosh, that's similar to what I spend! However my capital cost was $25,000 less, repairs are simple, depreciation is zip and insurance is considerably lower. So frankly I win by a long shot.

Comment

They started at $5900 new I believe.
            My bad, that's more like Aspire prices. 97 was less than 10k with a/c and auto. Wouldn't mind seeing new car prices like that again.
            91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
            92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
            95 Grand Prix SE DD
            Wife's Stuff:
            89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
            97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
            Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

guess i should ask for 10 grand seeing mine has a camo paint job an gun turret to detur wrong doers .....lol
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                By the way I talked to a Toyota Prius (hybrid) owner on Friday. He makes the same 220 km (135 mi) daily commute that I do (Ottawa-Cornwall) and prided himself on doing it for only $14. I looked through my gas receipts and, by gosh, that's similar to what I spend! However my capital cost was $25,000 less, repairs are simple, depreciation is zip and insurance is considerably lower. So frankly I win by a long shot.
                Taxes are less and then the cost of batteries as well. Did you tell him?
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Electric and hybrid car owners maintain this illusion of being environmentally green and energy conscious but their overall costs (purchase, repairs and new battery packs and the cost of fueling oil-fired generating stations) are likely through the roof as compared to owning a previously enjoyed diesel econobox. People tend to be unaware that diesel fuel has 30% more energy than the equivalent amount of gas, whereas ethanol fuel has 15%? less energy than gasoline.

Comment

Working...
                  X