No announcement yet.

Holy crap! festiva wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think everyone here is missing the point, it DOESN'T MATTER what vehical you're in when colliding with a semi, the semi ALWAYS wins and usually in dramatic fasion.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      i think everyone here is missing the point, it DOESN'T MATTER what vehical you're in when colliding with a semi, the semi ALWAYS wins and usually in dramatic fasion.
      very true we just had a fatal wreck a month ago where a van pulled out in front of a semi, and the truck ran over the top of the van and killed the driver. and his girlfriend had to be medivac'd. if a big van doesnt stand a chance a tiny festiva or fiesta doesnt stand a chance either

Comment

Man, that sucks.

Festiva? Fiesta? Regardless, our Festys are hardly more than tuna cans on wheels and will not hold up well in a crash with a larger car.

BL, make sure you 'clear' (pilot talk for "LOOK!") aggressively while driving.

Drive safe!
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
          Man, that sucks.

Festiva? Fiesta? Regardless, our Festys are hardly more than tuna cans on wheels and will not hold up well in a crash with a larger car.

BL, make sure you 'clear' (pilot talk for "LOOK!") aggressively while driving.

Drive safe!
          How about 65mph into a parked 95 grand prix,
          followed by a '05 accord four door rear ending you at 65mph?
          The festy didn't survive it came out 6' shorter.
          But even with that there was no passenger compartment intrusion and only seatbelt bruises.

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

pride crash

Here is a Pride crash in the Phillipines.

Comment

There are so many variables in any type of crash that aside from very general statements it is hard to predict anything.

In general...

-Size matters. In our cars, we will usually wind up worse than any larger vehicle. Also, somewhat as with motorcycles (and bicyclists), smaller cars may be harder to see to begin with. The greater the disparity between vehicles, the greater chance the smaller one will get creamed.

-Our cars are getting older. Besides some degradation of the body integrity due to rust and so forth, and even degradation of our seat belts, not to mention the older technology compared with new cars, we will be generally more vulnerable.

-In lower speed front and rear collisions, we will probably come out better than the same speed side collision. (Crumple zones front and rear vs. very little protection from our thin, tin doors.)

Still, there will be spectacular crashes in which a Festiva's occupants may survive with little or no injury. There could also be relatively "mundane" crashes in which someone dies. Same as any other car, really.

As for me, I have few, if any "vices." I suppose in our modern, dozen airbag and knee bumper computerized anti-lock brake world, driving a Festiva would be considered a "vice." Since I don't have a family, it's a risk I willingly take.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Maybe I should reconsider installing a Kia Pride airbag?

Comment

Working...
                X