Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car!

Hey everyone,
    Well, thought I'd show you my new DD. (Yes, I sold the DeathEgg).

My friend Larry, who is manager at a large multi-make dealer here, had me financed on a '08 Suzuki Forenza sedan, 50k. (bleh). I asked about this car instead, since it's more my style, and banks are more likely these days to finance something newer. Long story short, I got financed at a better rate, with lower monthly payments.

It's a 2010 Yaris, with only 6000 miles !!! A/C, ABS, side air bags, 60/40 rear seats that also slide, great CD stereo with XM, 5-speed. Also has the 15" wheels and a cold weather package which includes a heavy duty radiator, HD rear defroster, HD heater core, etc. Original sticker was about $15,000... Blue Book says it should be $13,500; I got it for only $10,600 (it pays to know the manager!) Original owner thought it was too small, and it sat on my friends lot for months; no one wanted it because it was a manual transmission.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's much in the spirit of the Festiva (it's just a few inches longer), and feels like a Festy with 20 years of advancement in design baked in. Very solid structure, unlike the Festy. Takes RR tracks with no rattles or shudders, etc. Very smooth ride and very quiet inside. Electric PS is quick and feels good. The fly-by-wire throttle takes some getting used to though. I've read that these get MPG into the 50's on the highway if you treat it right, so I'll have to see. I'm going to use the glove box in front of the steering wheel for a Scangage and GPS. I can just open it when I drive and close it when I park. I think I'm gonna like it.

If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Well if the accelerator sticks all you need to do is push in the clutch :thumbleft:

Comment

Sweet ride! Congrats!!
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

looks good. I like most of the newer small cars out.

interesting how they put the hump in the middle for the speedo/tach.
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

The Yaris was a strong contender when i was looking at a new car.

I settled for this instead:

Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

mazda 2?
            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Yes. It was the smallest, fun car to drive I could find. It feels like a boat when compared to the festy!

Comment

The fiesta gets better mpg AND 0-60 than the 2.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Neanderpaul, I swung by the ford dealership, as the Fiesta was originally my first choice, I had, bar none the *WORST* experience with their sales staff.

Comment

The 2 is a peppier drive, better ergonomics, more options, less expensive.

Comment

Your 2 looks really nice. Did you lower it?

The yaris hatch is most like our festys in size and layout. I like them alot.

Comment

HK springs from the dealer.

Good eye!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          The yaris hatch is most like our festys in size and layout. I like them alot.
                          Yep. I also looked at a new Fiesta and the Mazda 2. Even though they are relatively inexpensive, I couldn't pass this up this practically-new Yaris at this price. Also I'm getting used to having the gauges in the middle.

It's also just begging for a rear spoiler. And alloys.
                          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by JoDan View Post
                            Well if the accelerator sticks all you need to do is push in the clutch :thumbleft:
                            :laughing3:

Congrats on the Yaris. Ive been looking at them too. The wife came into some $ and is wanting to getting something to suppliment her 250,000 mile festiva. We might wait for the Toyota/Scion IQ. Coming in 2011, Its more festy like IMO

sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Good job on the yaris. There's a huge following of those cars.

Check out www.microimageonline.com for alll sorts of upgrades and performance. Its a great forum and store.

Comment

Working...
                              X