No announcement yet.

Goodbye Subcompact Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this 2001 F150 Supercrew for 3 years now. It's been through a lot and stood up to everything I've put it through. If you need a good truck I highly recommend it. Make sure you get a 2002 or later though because they did have problems with sparkplug blowout.
    1987 Tbird Turbo Coupe (Daily Driver)
    1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe (Race Car Project)
    1986 Cougar Xr7 (Sold)
    1984 Cougar LS (RIP)

Comment

yeah that and the crash tests on the 97-2000 were horrible. i front end crash at 45 put the steering wheel almost into the seat so i wont be getting anything in those years. bein pinned in that lil aspire was enough of bad crunch ratings for me

Comment

thanks i really appreciate all the support and if i can ever get another 5 speed festy to tinker with on the weekends then hopefully i can do what i want with it lol. rumbling exhaust and sound system like the one i had, performance upgrades and a bit of paint just to top it off. no matter what people will laugh at the chunky guy in the tiny car til i dump the clutch and leave them tryin to pick their jaw up of the floor boards lol

Comment

Glad to see the spirit hasn't left you.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

oh yeah im a gearhead at heart and these cars are fun the drive and tinker with. plus in my free time im a hotrod and muscle car artist so i did quite a few design sketches of things to do to a festy

Comment

Originally posted by festy90 View Post
              oh yeah im a gearhead at heart and these cars are fun the drive and tinker with. plus in my free time im a hotrod and muscle car artist so i did quite a few design sketches of things to do to a festy
              Design sketches? This we need to see!!!!!

My condolences on your losses, and my support on your future endeavors!!!!
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

ill have to find them since i havent seen them in a couple years lol. i had an idea to put a V-8 in the back and did some top looking down sketches of how the engine would sit and the exhaust would run. as well as the fire wall behind the seats that takes up the whole space from floor to ceiling with flat panel screens mounted in it to display what the rear mounted cameras are showing since theres a wall there and dont have a rear view mirror lol. just a bunch of ides while being bored at work lol. ill see if i can dig them up. if not then ill just redraw them

Comment

i had ides for a wide body kit like the shogun that would be cool to have made (expensive lol) that i could incorporate a lip spoiler like the 70s and 80s camaros had that would start on the end of each rear fender and wrap around the back of the car and attach to the hatch as well as another air deflector up top. have a custom front bumper with air splitter to help keep the nose on the ground and wide front fender flares to compliment the ones in the back that cover the wider rear tires and trans-axle. if there was enough room i had planned to have the headers mounted upside down and have the pipes wrapped and run up over the motor and tranny to a catalytic converter then back down to dual race mufflers and out the back under the bumper

Comment

V8, did you say? How about this one?

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

loli was thinkin more along the lines of a small block 327 chevy motor. build ford touch with chevy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                        V8, did you say? How about this one?

That...is...one...sweet...motor!
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

this is what i had in mind for the engine. nice lil package with about 375hp. now all i need is to hit the lotto lol. check out the link and you can see what all is in it and theres a video that shows what it sounds like http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/..._375_carb.html
                          Last edited by festy90; 07-05-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

well i wasnt able to find any of the sketches i did a few years ago but since i have recently improved my drawing ability im redrawing them. this is the first of the ones i plan to do. i also plan to do a rear view, dash view and a view of the wall behind the seats and the fearures that would be cool to add to it.
                            it looks similar to the Shogun but has more vents for keeping the rear engine compartment cooler since it would have a larger engine in it. it also has two lip spoilers and the rear roof and cargo window area raises up with air shocks and a hinge to get to the engine much easier.

Comment

I got one of those !! ( I have even thought of the lexan scooped quater glass !)

Last edited by NovaSS; 07-11-2011, 02:53 PM.
                              money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

lol i think i like ur rear quarters better than the one i drew but hey its just a sketch and can be tweaked a bit if needed. im not gonna copy off you but with what i would love to do to it i think i may need a wider one anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X