No announcement yet.

Criteria for a $2k plus Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what everyone is saying, is that they would not spend over 5k for a Festiva. Wow, I'm screwed if I ever want to sell my AWD 500HP one....LoL

Comment

I paid $3K for my festiva, that was with the B6T, but I had to install the B6T, so if I took off $500 from when I pulled the B6T and added on roughly $1000 onto that from the cost of my KL swap, I got roughly $3500 into my festiva, i don't even wanna start adding the cost of all the turbo parts I've bought plus what I plan to buy :shock:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I paid $600 for Luxstiva. I think I have about $3K total in her, but that's including around $500 of work I had done at a shop before the B3 developed the head gasket leak and I did the B6 swap. Now she needs overhauled & updated.

I paid $190 for Twinstiva. I have about $1200 in her, but she got wrecked and I was reimbursed for $1650. I'm guessing it'll cost me around $500 to fix her up and get approved to drive again. Then the major work "full swaps" will start... I should save some money because I now have more car rebuilding experience, but that will be balanced out by my desire to spend freely on whatever new parts I will want for my "dream build."

I paid $500 for Aqua, and all together have about $1200 in her too, only she's healthy and running with full swaps.

I'd have no qualms whatsoever of paying around $3000 for a low miles, rust free, no problem Festiva (with records), if it were in my budget.

And that's the catch for most of us! Having the money on hand when the "perfect cream puff" appears! That's tough to arrange!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I might be willing to spend 5k on a fully built and proven 300+ horse Festiva, but I'm not a person who ever has 5k layin around. Besides, I'd rather build it myself.

Comment

Buy it cheap and build it the way you want it.

I paid $600 for mine, have about $2500 in it and plan to spend $4-4500. That'd be a BP, Aspire swap, coilovers, sport seats, wheels/tires and exhaust. That's more power, handling and braking then a really, really nice stock Festiva. No way I'd spend that on a stock car.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
            Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
            Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
            >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Working...
            X