Newbie Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    What's crazy is that the person has no idea probably what they have. They are probably driving around saying MAN I had NO idea festivas were this fast or handled this good!! LOL!
    I'm sure that is true. I thought I had bought another car when I first drove it with the B6. LOL I'm sure he had no idea what he had gotten!
    Last edited by mgardiner2673; 03-28-2011, 04:50 PM. Reason: Incomplete post.
    2006 Blue Kawasaki Concours
    1993 Ford F150 (The Orange Pumpkin)

Comment

Well, it's started already! I don't even have a car yet but I've already found a place to get the front hubs and rear suspension/hubs from a '95 Aspire w/ auto tranny. Brakes on an automatic are larger by just a little bit than a manual so I guess they would be better. $37.50 for each front hub and $61 for the whole rear suspension, including hubs! I thought that was a pretty good deal.
      I'll be picking these up this week!!!:hello1:

Now! Where is that car??

Mike :fred:

Comment

What's crazy is that the person has no idea probably what they have. They are probably driving around saying MAN I had NO idea festivas were this fast or handled this good!! LOL!
        hahaha and yet it seems he still has yet to find out what kind of following these cars have...

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
          hahaha and yet it seems he still has yet to find out what kind of following these cars have...
          I noticed you did a B6T for a friend with a JDM engine. A turbo B6?? Did it come with the turbo or did you add it yourself??

Mike

Comment

B6t came in the mercury capri xr2 and the mazda 323 GT and 323 GTX. It is a 16 valve 1.6 turbo. it's different from the sohc B6 like the 323 and tracer and older miata have.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

B6t came in the mercury capri xr2 and the mazda 323 GT and 323 GTX. It is a 16 valve 1.6 turbo. it's different from the sohc B6 like the 323 and tracer and older miata have.
              Actually the older Miatas are DOHC. But yes, this B6T is from a JDM 323 GTX. My buddy imported it because he wanted the JDM version. It has a more efficient intake. He could have had one for cheaper here and got a custom intake, but that's the route he went. I'm just hoping this bigger intake won't be too much trouble fitting in.

Originally posted by mgardiner2673 View Post
              I noticed you did a B6T for a friend with a JDM engine. A turbo B6?? Did it come with the turbo or did you add it yourself??
              Sorry, I've edited my signature. I didn't notice it could be interpreted as me having already done the swap. Right now I'm pulling the B3 with ATX and well be converting to MTX. I need to get a G series tranny for it. I've pushed for this, as he was gonna use the E series (stock) tranny. I don't want the tranny exploding on him. haha

But anyways, to answer your question, yes, it came complete with turbo, also, with accessories.

Comment

Welcome, Mike! You're one of several newcomers to the site within the last two months, and I have to say that it's refreshing to see a renewed interest, whatever the reason! I know it's a bit of a stretch, but there will be a meet on the 9th in Clemson, SC (check out my signature or go to the thread in meets). Many long-time members will be there, and it would be great to meet you in person!
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

lol all my family members are telling me get rid of that festiva, is ugly and it messes up. what they dont know its that the festiva lasts for ever even if i beat the hell out of it everyday. only simple fixes will get the little b3 running. soon will be boosting the little b3 and beating it up a little bit more. and if it pops there goes the b6 long block =)

Comment

Working...
                  X