Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schlitz! page #158. I'm glad I didn't wade in any further.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

• Gave the Festiva the day off resting in the garage!
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Went to the junkyard and got a 93 capri bottom end.

Long nose crank, building the "race" engine. Anyone got an alternator pulley for this, someone had grabbed it before I got to it.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• In the 2 years I've been going to the yard I don't think I've ever seen a capri at the yard. sad (but good I guess)

are there any compatible ones off another engine I could look for?
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Found this today. Frozen throw out bearing. Adding hp all over the place look out!!! Core support is welded back in still has a little more to go before paint... No more tie down feature
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Got my registration renewal in the mail & found out the state of KY has deemed my vehicle value as of 1-1-11 $.00 & I don't have to pay any taxes on it!!!!
              Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
                In the 2 years I've been going to the yard I don't think I've ever seen a capri at the yard. sad (but good I guess)

are there any compatible ones off another engine I could look for?
                There are half a dozen capris in the yards here in phoenix just about all the time. They must have sold well here. I'm not completely sure what is compatible, a later (long crank) festiva pulley may work. It's a good question if anyone can enlighten us.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-16-2011, 06:05 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Tapped the head for a 1/4npt fitting for my temp gauge and burned some rubber
                  1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• More Festiva support!
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      get it off the road, NOW!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperDaveGulvak View Post
                        Got my registration renewal in the mail & found out the state of KY has deemed my vehicle value as of 1-1-11 $.00 & I don't have to pay any taxes on it!!!!
                        That is frikkin' awesome!!

Just got mine in the mail also;
                        $159 for 6 months.....
                        Not so awesome... :p
                        60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                          Gave the Festiva the day off resting in the garage!
                          A well deserved rest !!! You should treat it to a can of additive or something.
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Picked up aset of Aspire buckets today. Not too dirty, I vacumed them , & gonna use upholstery cleaner on them. Only hitch is one of the phillips screws that hold the back on is buggered up, will need to get a striped screw extracter set.
                            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Picked up some shifter cables and a BPT IM shaft to go with the rear diff and GTX driveshaft I picked up the other day... Just need the shifter to match and most of my parts for the winter project will be here
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• what did i do to my festiva today

patched 2 holes in floor today. used sheet metal patch,and rivits. then went under car,and coated hole,with epoxy. [j.b.weld],then long strand fibreglass body filler,then a coat of plain body filler all 3 lawers,covered rivits. then,put a last coat of roof patch over it. this was all under car. this is the only way it ll never come back,and bite ya. mdoyleufo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X