Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filled it up with gas for the first time after a 215 mile weekend. got 7.5 gallons in it.

29 ish mpg. 150 miles of traffic filled highways, and the rest was ripping up and down the malibu mountains. pushing her hard. even got it to slide. im pretty pleased with this little thing thus far (second tank of gas)

Comment

Installed new fuel filter. The idiot b4 had the filter up side down; Hoses hooked up wrong. Would that make it a "fool filter". sorry, that was lame.:spam1:
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
        Yep. I'm pretty cool
        Rock on, Charlie! :thumbup:

Who's bimmer?

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
          Rock on, Charlie! :thumbup:

Who's bimmer?
          It's my friends 86? 325i. His family has had that car since new. Has 280,000 miles on it and is still a quick little car. I just wish they took a little better care of it (cosmetically speaking)
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Went to the yard to compression test a Festiva engine. All but one cylinder was around 200PSI, #3 was around 150PSI.
            Picked up door pockets, antenna, and passenger seat belt from the same car (my Festy's passenger belt is cut). Then started disconnecting the engine to pull it this week.

Replaced passenger seat belt in my Festiva.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Installed a new (used) passenger headlight and a passenger mirror (thx fastivaca!). Now I just gotta find the plastic cover for the inside!
              91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
              92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
              95 Grand Prix SE DD
              Wife's Stuff:
              89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
              97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
              Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

lined up a deal with Kartracer to get the wiring harness to the back lights hooked back up in my car so I can get it ready for inspection. TY Kartracer
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                  Went to the yard to compression test a Festiva engine. All but one cylinder was around 200PSI, #3 was around 150PSI.
                  That's no so bad....#2 on mine is less than 50psi :mrgreen:
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

That's the engine I'm in the process of pulling.
                    Probably going back today to do some more work on it.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I'm scared to check my compression. It runs fine but...............
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Installed the energy suspension swaybar bushings Wow what a difference! Going to find my coolant leak tonight I hope.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

removed the exhaust manifold and down tube; tried to fix the leak in the o-ring bypass tube but had to put the old o-rings back in. Installed tubular aspire exhaust mani and reused festi DT.
                          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Got Aqua ready for a long trip coming up in the next couple weeks. Put on a right side mirror. It's a power mirror someone had cut the wires short so I'm just using it "as is" and it continues the "don't match Mutt" look.

Put on new shifter bushings at the shifter bottom. Nice! Feels like a new car again. Well, a "new" 1991 124K mile Festiva with lotsa rust underneath my original paint and rivets art work.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

hmmmmm

Originally posted by walth View Post
                              removed the exhaust manifold and down tube; tried to fix the leak in the o-ring bypass tube but had to put the old o-rings back in. Installed tubular aspire exhaust mani and reused festi DT.
                              interestingly enough I just did the same thing with an Aspire Mani and Festi DT.... O-ring Bypass tube? wheres that?
                              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                              89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                              Projects in the works:
                              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

it's a stupid design. if you're at the front of the car looking down at the water pump there's sort of a T off the main line that travels behind the manifold and goes over the tranny. near the "t" it's a pressure fit with an o-ring, or two...they leak after a while
                                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                                X