Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washed and waxed for this meet.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Thanks Oren
      Stock steelies, rattle can black on the wheels, hand "lettered" the red around the holes. stock center caps and trim rings. Rare yes.
      And Joseph is right I had just had surgery on my left elbow. It was in a sling. I used my right hand to install the spoiler, and do all the painting. And I am left handed. :p

And no I didn't take the tires off. I taped them off though.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
        I also think red/black looks good. I kinda wanted to do that color scheme on my truck, but the PO had put on all chrome accessories.
        Red/black would probably look good... seems like I've seen that somewhere recently ^^^

I love the white/black on mine, with the black bumpers and grill, still need to do the headlight trim black though. I will probably do that when I have the bumper off installing horns (as per my own advice a few posts back :lol
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Changed fuel filter. New license plates.
          First time owner
          89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
          Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• I just opened the garage and looked at my green car!! LOL. Got to get the fleet on the road, gas prices are killing me!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

• Originally posted by jbuck1975 View Post
              Changed fuel filter. New license plates.
              Thanks for reminding me to check on the availability of the custom tag I want after I leave work!
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                Thanks for reminding me to check on the availability of the custom tag I want after I leave work!
                No problem. Lol. Mine aren't custom.
                First time owner

Comment

• I just put a distributor on mine with no success with her running any better. I think this is going to be the last carbd car that I buy.
                  Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                    I just opened the garage and looked at my green car!! LOL. Got to get the fleet on the road, gas prices are killing me!
                    You need to let me build you a 40 mpg boosted b3
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                      You need to let me build you a 40 mpg boosted b3
                      Yes!! I just need to do like Tom and get my car down to you, might have to take a road trip!! Wonder how it'd work in my 89 LX with auto trans????
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

• Noticed my Festy is burning more oil than usual............. At one point yesterday I had idled for 5 minutes or so while wrapping papers and when I finally took off again, LARGE blue cloud dispersed behind me........????
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                          Noticed my Festy is burning more oil than usual............. At one point yesterday I had idled for 5 minutes or so while wrapping papers and when I finally took off again, LARGE blue cloud dispersed behind me........????
                          Valve stem seals most likely. That's what mine was. Oil consumption was cut by 3/4 after they were replaced.
                          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Fixed the inside dome light now it works.
                            First time owner

Comment

• Tried doing valve stem seals. Completely failed. I did one and it took two hours to get the spring off then the keepers back in. It's going to a shop or a scrapyard. The piston rings leak because the air compressor ran non stop hovering around 40psi while connected to the cylinder.
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
                                Valve stem seals most likely. That's what mine was. Oil consumption was cut by 3/4 after they were replaced.
                                That's what I was hoping. I'd rather it be that than the piston rings......... Not that I'll be able to do them anytime soon....
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X