Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear corners

Just got my new Clear corners in, & installed them. They are PERFECT & BEAUTIFUL! Thanks David88!!! Gonna go wash & wax 'Tiva now, Then show her off!!! :happy2::love7::thumbup:
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• I need a new drivers side headlight, the rust inside kills me
        Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
          Found some new (to me) wheels to put on the car when the Aspire swap is complete and I can afford some new tires. Similar to this one except mine are not polished and are just a silver color.

They're 13x5 INTRA wheels made for Toyota. The tires that came with them are shot so I will replace them some 185-60-13 Sumitomos. I'll wear out the Falken 175-60-13s that are currently on the Aspire steelies first though and then switch to the "new" shoes!
          LOVE!!!! Those are the only aftermarket festy wheels that I've seen that I like!

As for my Festy..... When I got it, you could turn the steering wheel almost 90* at any speed and nothing would happen. In the last two weeks, I've spent several hundred dollars on the following;

-inner driver side tie rod end
          -outer pass side tie rod end
          -both control arms/ball joints
          -new tires
          -Aligned twice

NO more play in the steering! No more shaking! It's not scary to drive on the highway anymore!!

New short term goals;

-overhaul pretty much everything brake related.(parking brake snapped in two different places, back brakes don't do much at all, fluid is black as night, front rotors are TRASHED, etc etc.)

-new catalytic converter.(Mine isn't clogged, but it's rusted completely through in several spots

-Crankshaft oil seal.(starting to leak A LOTTTTTTTTT, and I think that's the only oil leak left
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• My four new Yokohama 12" tires arrived via UPS from Tire Team today.
            Only problem is they had my house number as 672 instead of 572 so
            they delivered them to a house a block away. Luck for me, my phone number
            was on the label.

Comment

• As previously stated the widows were tinted the other day. Today me and my neighbor were bored so we added a deck stripe. Its only temporary . We plan to paint the top half of the car this summer , maybe burnt orange with a black stripe????

Comment

• Set the valve lash on my 88L.
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by lesterm View Post
                  As previously stated the widows were tinted the other day. Today me and my neighbor were bored so we added a deck stripe. Its only temporary . We plan to paint the top half of the car this summer , maybe burnt orange with a black stripe????
                  How much was the tint?
                  What percent is it?
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I drove it past 5 gas stations haha.....

Comment

• Clear Corners

Here they are. Sorry about blank above. I can't remove.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• The tint was FREE. My neighbor provided it and the help. Its 5%. I like the look but to be honest its to dark and will probably remove it and replace it with 15%.

Comment

• Oh, that's cool!
                          I've been thinking about tint and wondering how much it would cost to have a shop install good tint. I want it perfect and the good stuff that won't bubble or turn purple, so I'll just take it to a pro.

Today I:
                          Replaced dizzy cap and rotor, plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, O2 sensor.
                          Installed cargo light. I just created a ground wire and use the built in switch for on/off. I'll install a pin switch later or a switching latch if I find one.
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Replaced both inner tie rod ends and passenger outer end.
                            Rotated good tires to front.
                            Put good tires on front rims and put back onto rear.
                            Adjusted rear view mirror 2* to the right. lol
                            Get front end aligned tomorrow morning.
                            -Bryant

Comment

• Today I replaced my VW style radio antenna with a nmo mount for a future CB addition. Then I added two extra screws per side to my roof rack just for piece of mind. Also straightened out my drivers side fog light, it was twisted to the left a little.

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                              Oh, that's cool!
                              I've been thinking about tint and wondering how much it would cost to have a shop install good tint. I want it perfect and the good stuff that won't bubble or turn purple, so I'll just take it to a pro.
                              Something I've noticed about window tint, you get what you pay for. I have my windows tinted on my Festiva, was done a couple of years ago. Can't remember the brand but it has faded bad already. I had another brand of tint on my wife's old Accent and it looked better then my Festiva tint even after 8 years. I have 5% on the rears and 20% on the front doors. For my old STi and my wife's Legacy GT we went to a 3M installer and it was worth every penny. Each car ran about $400 but that included the 3M color stable on the rears at 5%, the front doors at 20% and 70% 3M crystalline tint on the front windshield. The cars look great and on long trips the heat doesn't come through the front windshield that much at all. I plan on having the guy re-do my Festiva windows the same way.
                              James
                              Phoenix, Arizona
                              --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
                              '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
                              '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
                              '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
                              My SuperMotors Page

Comment

• Well it wasn't my Festiva, but I fixed a leaking crank seal on one. It had a scored crank from the old seal so I installed a Speedi-Sleeve #99143 made by SKF. Then replaced the seal and no more leaky leaky. That part number is for the 93 engine with the big nose crank, if anyone needs the older one I can get you the part number. The only issue I had was the set tool that comes with it is not deep enough, so I had to fab one a little deeper.
                                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                                X