Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you always had to the 2 Festivas? One for parts?
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• got my speedo w/tach installed and it's working great. i will take pictures soon and post in my build
      ;
      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
      '92 Festiva L M/T
      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        Have you always had to the 2 Festivas? One for parts?
        we just got the little red one about 2 weeks ago, something was wierd with it and it didnt have a title, didnt run, all kindsa stuff so we just took it as a parts car.

Car #789
        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
        1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
        1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
        http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Fixed my crankshaft seal oil leak today after a low oil scare last week. Also sort of fixed my out-of-spec toe alignment but could still use some tweaks. While moving the tie rod end around I managed to rip the dust boot nearly in half... When will it end!!! At least I have spare sitting around but who knows when I'll make the time to put it on.
          2002 Ford Mustang GT Mineral Grey 5 spd
          1996 Ford Explorer XLT AWD White POS
          1992 Ford Festiva GL Metallic Blue 5 spd

Comment

• Change it tomorrow. It's going to be record warmth. After that, the weather is supposed to cool down to below normal for the next two weeks.

Comment

• Got my windows retinted since I put a new hatch on that had no tint and the tint that was on the other windows was installed poorly.

Also I drove 160 miles round trip after work today to pick up this sunroof. I'm pretty excited! Cost me 60 bucks and 12 bucks in gas. It's brand new and comes with all seals, instructions, and template for cutting the roof! It is a SFC Genesis if anyone is wondering. The outside frame is aprox. 29x15.5in
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Awesome sunroof!

BEBandit and I grabbed RazorWing's (sshort1986) Festiva from the midstate for some emergency repair. Turns out, it was the oil pan gasket. Long story, but it goes back in tomorrow.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Loaded her up. All the spare tires I had and all the parts laying around. She's headed for the farm this weekend, may let her sleep all winter. Putting the house on the market and even though it probably won't sell I'm not waiting till the last moment to do everything!
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• I needed a new battery so i slapped in a 28 dollar lawn mower battery thats 16 lbs lighter than the one i had. It made a noticeable difference in acceleration ! I can't wait to unbolt the passenger seat and seat belt assemblies once i don't have to haul anyone around :p ...Ran out of things i can unbolt from the engine bay

Comment

• Originally posted by Fester's Quest View Post
                      I needed a new battery so i slapped in a 28 dollar lawn mower battery thats 16 lbs lighter than the one i had. It made a noticeable difference in acceleration ! I can't wait to unbolt the passenger seat and seat belt assemblies once i don't have to haul anyone around :p ...Ran out of things i can unbolt from the engine bay
                      I have one of these with my B6T and she cranks wonderfully!
                      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Links to this lawn mower battery!
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                          Links to this lawn mower battery!
                          Walmart Rafe, mine is a 350 cca and works fine, i didn't plan to do this swap but last winter the Die Hard died, so i have the lawn mower battery in the basement on a batt tender, i bolted it in the Festy and have not taken it out, works great.
                          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Awesome! I'll have to make not of that when I need a new one. Mine looks old and my connectors are getting pretty corroded.
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• I will suggest to anyone using the lawnmower/motorcycle battery hack, CLEAN YOUR GROUNDS. ALL OF THEM.

It will make a difference in even the best-able starting systems using less power.

Clean up every connection point, grease it, then insulate it from the elements. You'll never believe how bright your lights get, etc, and you may end up getting slightly better fuel economy from it as well, due to less alternator load.

Comment

• Oil change.

Installed the Energy Suspension bushings htchback (thanks again! ) ground down for me.
                                Haven't driven far enough to take some fun corners. We'll see how they do tonight at work.
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X