Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I set that video to public so you shouldn't have to have a Facebook account to view it. Were you able to see it?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Almost ready to drop in now
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
        I suk! I don't have Facebook.
        Don't cave to the pressure, you are not missing much by not having a Facebook.

People think it is the social thing to do now, but people give too much info on their lives on it there. I find it rather annoying.
        That, and the drama it creates, but I won't go into that, that is a whole other can of worms.

I don't care if someone had a bad day at work, or if someone is feeling down or some junk.
        I would rather hear from someone in person about something big or important instead of reading it on a website, it just takes the importance of something and reduces it to text anyone on your friends list can see, or everyone if you allow it.
        Facebook needs to die like Myspace did.

Now Twitter is for douche bags who have a ego big enough to actually think people want to follow them./rant
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-03-2013, 10:39 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I do that all the time, Paul.
          Festivas are perfect pizza delivery vehicles. They can squeeze through small spaces, u turn on ordinary streets, park just about anywhere, haul butt down a gravel road, etc.
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• There has never been a better pizza car.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Or paper delivery car! That turning radius REALLY comes in handy then.
              Buck.
              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Filled the tank, and even after using a gallon or two on teaching some friends to drive a manual in a parking lot, I figured 35MPG.
                I am sure it would have been close, if not over 40MPG if I hadn't used the 1-2 gallons on teaching them. But teaching someone how to drive a manual is worth way more than a couple gallons of gas.

I also put the stock shifter knob on the shortshifter I have installed, mainly because it feels so much better in my hand, and isn't freezing cold like the metal one that came with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                  Yesterday I began teaching a couple friends on how to drive a manual in it. So my clutch took quite a beating yesterday. :p Especially when one of my buddies was trying a hill start, and he gunned it nearly to 6k RPMs and and didn't fully engage the clutch. Needless to say you could smell burning clutch after that, and told him sternly not to do that again. lol One friend still needs quite a bit of work (the burning up my clutch, guy), and still bunnyhops quite a bit on level ground when starting off, and lets the engine rev too high before shifting out of first.
                  But the other seems to have got down all the basics, starting off, stopping, knowing when to upshift without revving the engine too much, downshifting for slower speeds and turns, just needs to practice on some steeper hills than what we had in the parking lot.......
                  While I commend you for your unselfishness in teaching them how to drive a stick, I'd never do it in a Festiva: Festiva parts are, in my opinion, too valuable. I taught all 3 of my driving-age kids to drive a stick in my 2004 VW Beetle. The hardest part is learning to get the car rolling in first gear smoothly....not over-revving the engine, not releasing the clutch too quickly, etc. I had my kids get the car rolling in first gear up to about 7-10 mph and then come to a complete stop about 20-30 times to get some muscle-memory going. Then from there we'd start again and get up into 2nd gear, etc. That's how we teach student pilots to fly; start small and easy and work up to more difficult tasks. Everyone who teaches a new skill does that in one way or another. If they don't, they're inviting massive frustration on the one their teaching.

Now, what have I done to my Festy lately?....bought a Pansonic 7" screen, single-DIN DVD receiver. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not. Bought another DVD receiver (a Kenwood) and will keep the one I like the best.
                  Last edited by Twistiva; 03-04-2013, 03:57 PM.
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• When I was doing a few small things out in the driveway on my car, then a nice older gent who is always working on cars from crossed the street came over, he said he noticed I had a Festiva so he gave me an 89' Festiva Shop Manual.

Since the manual covers both fuel injected, and carb'd motors, should be very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      When I was doing a few small things out in the driveway on my car, then a nice older gent who is always working on cars from crossed the street came over, he said he noticed I had a Festiva so he gave me an 89' Festiva Shop Manual.

Since the manual covers both fuel injected, and carb'd motors, should be very helpful.
                      Nice score! Nothing beats kindness, eh?

My 'pubs (publications) library' is complete, I think, with a shop manual, electrical & vacuum manual and a fold-out electrical diagram, all for '88s. Now if I could only wrench on them with confidence...:nightmare:
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• I taught my son to drive a stick on an 81 Iraqi Malibu with 4 on the floor and a V-8 under the hood. What a laugh. He did a burn out the first time he popped the clutch and pressed down on the accelerator pedal. Now that's funny. I wish I had a camera to see the look on his face. No training allowed on my Festiva.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 03-04-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          I taught my son to drive a stick on an 81 Iraqi Malibu with 4 on the floor and a V-8 under the hood. What a laugh. He did a burn out the first time he popped the clutch and pressed down on the accelerator pedal. Now that's funny. I wish I had a camera to see the look on his face. No training allowed on my Festiva.
                          My four oldest all learned to drive a stick shift in a Festiva! The next three will probably do the same. There's a very large parking lot with no obstructions near our home that has a lovely view of the mountains. I take the kids out there, sit on a bench drinking a coffee while they drive around and around and around, stopping and starting, foward and backward.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• I painted my spare set of factory alloys white and installed them on my DD, Papa Smurf

Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• Papa Smurf is looking good!!! And the white wheels really set off the white hood!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Inspected my front brakes. I've been getting an intermittent faint high pitched squeal/squeak like the of brake pad wear indicators.
                                Pads are still good with lots of material left.

Then I dumped a lot of oil on the ground. I was going to move my oil catch can from the PCV line to the valve cover breather. When I opened the catch can, quite a lot of oil came out. I haven't opened it since right after I got it because there was no oil showing on the sight glass. It is obviously working some, so I'm leaving it on the PCV line.
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X