Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewashed my red one because the recent storm left spots all over it.

BAM! RED!

Then washed and waxed the Aqua for the first time:

And noticed just how bad the roof was. Some of the rust spots have gone through:

~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I like the equality sticker!

And I'm putting mine together
      Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM.
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I want an Aqua!!! Though it sucks the roof is rusting all the way through!!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Rafe, there are two for sale in the FS thread at $1k each.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I poked my head under back and took a look at my axle. Because I started pulling to the left. I found gremlin poo jammed into the left side e-brake cable.uploadfromtaptalk1359677008581.jpg

Now my festy drives straight...weird.

Then I found an Aspire rear, if this JY does not loose it, it will ship tomorrow!
            HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
            "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Gremlin poo? haha
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                Rafe, there are two for sale in the FS thread at $1k each.
                Would rather not have an auto and the other guy never posted pics...and it looks like he might have sold it locally.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• I got it all put back together and it wouldn't fire. Removed the spark plugs and dumped some oil in each cylinder and turned it over by hand a few times then tried to start it again. Was VERY hesitant to start but once it did, it ran great! I managed to smoke out an entire 2500sqft 3 story house in about 30 seconds though. Parents weren't too happy about that... whoops. Lol.

BUT IT RUNS!!! Too early to tell yet if it's burning oil or has any other issues, and I can't really drive it because the radiator cracked all along the top and doesn't hold coolant AT ALL, but it actually runs QUITE nice and smooth!! Didn't stall at all once I got it running.
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Wow, that's awesome Buck! You are moving right along! I like it. Now get yourself a new radiator!
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• That's the plan! So exciting! Boy did I miss having a Festy.
                      Buck.

Comment

• My silver 90L's new headlights came in today. Then I ordered the new coilover springs for the 93L.
                        Tuesday I wired the headlights in the 93L and tested the other lights after I put it back in the shop.
                        Jerry
                        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I checked the availability of front strut mounts. Seems that KYB come as a set of 2 for the same price as moog is each.... will verify tomorrow.
                          HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Thursday: Called the body shop and set up THE day to get my 88L repainted: 15 Feb. I've got 'before' pix already and will make sure I take plenty of 'after' pix to post.

Today: Bought a pair of gray interior door latch handles and a pair of Euro-style tail light covers from Junspeed.

That's about all I'll have time for today; gotta work on my home.

Happy Saturday, everyone!
                            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

I I checked my throttle settings for the first time. The TPS was wrong, the idle was off, and that bolt that hits the bumper thingy was off too. What is that bumper thingy anyway? I think I need a new one. Ocasionally it lets the throttle close too slow.
                              Last edited by Huli; 02-02-2013, 05:54 PM.
                              "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• The bumper thingy is a dashpot. More common on carburetor cars. It is to dampen to throttle closing so it don't just snap shut suddenly which could cause the car to stumble or stall.
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X