Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    Well, didn't do this TOO my 'Tiva , but too me while working on the Aspire swap. Could not get one of the rear shock attachment bolts to break loose. Soaked it in PB blaster for 3 days. Took a 4ft breaker bar & put it over the rachet, & gave it a mighty pull. The RAT CHET bloke & the bar hit me a mighty blow to the bald forehead. I almost went to my knees, & was instantly covered in blood. I went Waawaawaa, & stumbled around. Woke my son & he ckecked me out, just a medium sized cut & a world class headach. All bandaged & hatein' rear shocks. Will try to post pic of my damaged melon later. Son took pic with his phone, & laughed at me.
    Look at the thread for the second ncstiva in 2012. Kartracer, sam1956, and I set Sams car on fire to get that off! Sometimes, those things take extreme measures to remove. Can you weld in that spot? If so, Jay just cut that part out, removed everything, then welded it back up.

Fire, fire, fire! Oh god, I dont think I have laughed as hard as I did that night since!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Changed oil 2 qt 0w-20, rest was left over 5w-20, and put a hard drive magnet on the oil filter. I'll remove just the filter after a few weeks and see if anything is stuck when i cut it open.

Drained just the radiator and put in three big tablespoons of cascade as per the oregon fellow's recomendation. Too many nosy neighbors outside today to be hosing down driveway middle of summer on a full in car backflush.

Threw in some cheap autolite 64's and red spark plug wires as everything metal on this car is green...and i don't mean my paint. No change in idle or revving but now it's new.

Crane PS20 coil arrived today. I caught a TOMinMO linked thread about USA made coils and i chose that one.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        Changed oil 2 qt 0w-20, rest was left over 5w-20, and put a hard drive magnet on the oil filter. I'll remove just the filter after a few weeks and see if anything is stuck when i cut it open.

Drained just the radiator and put in three big tablespoons of cascade as per the oregon fellow's recomendation. Too many nosy neighbors outside today to be hosing down driveway middle of summer on a full in car backflush.
        Wow. Extreme difference.

Changed oil,, busted 5000 mile break in. Fresh crank and bearings, another gallon of 15w40.

Swapped in larger radiator. Old coolant, ran it through a tee shirt, added more for difference. Away I went.

I guess I have different views.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Got the last things ready to drop in the BP tomorrow. Only one issue, when I had previously attempted to get the axles out I had used a couple chisels. Unfortunately they deformed the seal surface between the seal and the transaxle. Now my question is whether it is worth it to try and file or dremel the deformed bit back into shape, or just put the seal in with some extra silicone.
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• I personally would install new seals. I hate transmission fluid drips. Next time try the bell ringing method, without chisels.

Comment

• I'm for sure installing new seals and I ended up using a different method to get the axle out (OTC Part No. 7140) I was just wondering if anybody thought it was worth trying to round out the hole before putting the new seal in with some silicone (Fuel/oil safe of course)
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Filled up the tank, figured 37.9 MPG, and that's with quite a bit of idling, and lots of short trips to work, and back. I would have hit 40MPG minus the hour or so of idling the car was doing, and minus the catastrophic coolant loss that nearly caused the car to overheat.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                  Wow. Extreme difference.

Changed oil,, busted 5000 mile break in. Fresh crank and bearings, another gallon of 15w40.

Swapped in larger radiator. Old coolant, ran it through a tee shirt, added more for difference. Away I went.

I guess I have different views.

Ive never seen a right or wrong with these these old mazdas. We pluck them up used with 200k and you know they werent taken care of on any regimen. I will admit i now have a valve cover leak but my grommets under bolts are smahed cracked and dry. That will keep i am buying a cam
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Forced it to breathe to life once more.

With a coil change and a quick squirt of starting fluid, the 88 Red ran today [on a borrowed battery and zero gas in the carb]. The carb is still junk, and I'll be ripping off the carb and intake soon as I find the right piece of 1/4'' alum plate and buy a new intake gasket.

Anyone need a junk carb and carby intake?

[The carb is actually alright, it used to run the car pretty well, but I could never get it just right. I damaged the choke shaft taking the butterfly off it, it's pretty bent up, so there's no choke anymore. The carb was /fairly/ clean inside when I stopped driving the car last year. It's definitely in a repairable/tunable state as-is, and I'll make someone a heck of a deal on it if they want it, since I"m gonna need money to buy the plate, gasket, and various other bits for a completely pointless mod.]
                    Last edited by Christ; 08-07-2013, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                      It might, actually. I would want to slap a compression gauge on it before making recommendations. I had to prime it to get it running, could have been a number of reasons for that. If you want me to check it it more, i can. Your getting rid of the wasps though

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                      That would be great if you could do that, might me a case of beer in it........
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Replaced the tail light gaskets on Trixie with new ones cut out from craft foam.
                        Also cleaned the backup light holder and bulb. They always seem to be the ones
                        that get rust on them.

Comment

• ^ jess thanks so much or the pattern for this and your advice!!!! danny
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Watched it get pan caked 12" tall.

Comment

• What?
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Translation - Sent it to the crusher.

Comment

Working...
                                X