Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
    Had a 200k party!!!
    Congrats .

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
      Put insurance on it and drove it to wal-mart. It runs and drives, but coolant disappears at an astonishing rate, and it varies where it comes from. Anyone got an engine nearby? :lol:
      Car-part.com! Time for a B6. 86-89 323 or Tracer.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Bummer! Hope you can figure something out!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Installed a 4 stage shift light and tach from autometer. I am hoping I will see the colours flash in peripheral vision, and shift while drifting sideways toward a snow bank, instead of distracting myself by actually looking at the tach. I also moved the oil and water gauges from down below the roll bar to up on the dash where I can see them while still looking out the windscreen at the marshal stations.
          click http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...gid=3630&sid=4
          Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
          Icetiva-3-race-car-build
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Is the B6 the one that just straight up bolts-in?
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
              Is the B6 the one that just straight up bolts-in?
              I believe so, yes. B6 I heard is just a bored-out B3, externally is is pretty much identical to the B3.

That really makes me wonder, why on earth wasn't it an engine option when these were new? Hell even the performance models in japan didn't have a bigger engine. The Festiva GTA I believe it was called?
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                I believe so, yes. B6 I heard is just a bored-out B3, externally is is pretty much identical to the B3.

That really makes me wonder, why on earth wasn't it an engine option when these were new? Hell even the performance models in japan didn't have a bigger engine. The Festiva GTA I believe it was called?
                The GTA had a 1.3 DOHC in it actually..
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• - Received a brand new (NOS) front windshield wiper arm in the mail that I bought on e-Bay.

- Bought a manual driver's side mirror (just the glass) on e-Bay.

- Checked on ordering a new cigarette lighter from the local Ford Dealer for Twistiva (don't smoke but my old one is trashed and fixing up my Festy)

- Went to a Ford dealer here in town to compare 2 blue colors....the original 1988 Ford Festiva blue (can't rememer what they called it) and a 2013 blue used on F-150 trucks....called 'Blue Flame Metallic'.
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• That was the GTX I thought, and it was actually a destroked B6D, the B6 block has siamesed bores as far as I know so it's a tiny bit different from a poked n' stroked B3
                    Owner of:
                    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                    In progress:
                    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!! ($45/mo $100 deductible!)

They had to take pictures to submit to corporate so they had a file... HA!

And I adjusted the air bypass valve, turns out the previous owner had adjusted the throttle body to not allow it to function.
                      Last edited by Huli; 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM.
                      HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                      "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Huli View Post
                        I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!!
                        I won't get anything less than full coverage! There are so many college kids out here (many who are just now driving) that I would be afraid to go without it. That and windshield replacement is nice.
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• This state does not allow windshield coverage!! I was shocked! Turns out the state mandated a ton of laws that restrict how you can spend your money on your insurance. I was angry that I can NOT get $0 deductible. Why not!? its my money, why should the state tell me I cannot insure my vehicle against broken windows with no deductible? I hate insurance. :angryfire:
                          HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
                            I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!! ($45/mo $100 deductible!)

They had to take pictures to submit to corporate so they had a file... HA!
                            Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                            I won't get anything less than full coverage! There are so many college kids out here (many who are just now driving) that I would be afraid to go without it. That and windshield replacement is nice.
                            How in the heck are you guys getting your insurance companies to accept THEM paying for anything more than liability?

Over 8 yrs ago I talked with my insurance company and they did a Kelley Blue Book check on my bare-bones, 88L with probably 160,000 miles on it then and they said the KBB value of it was a whopping $260. Because of that they recommended I get rid of all excess coverage beyond what the state law required (in other words, eliminate collision, comprehensive, etc) because they said they wouldn't pay anything over the $260 so why carry the coverage? I thought they made a good point (since they said they would NOT pay anything over the $260) so I dropped the excess coverage. However....

Now that I'm in the process of fixing it up (including a $1400 paint job later this week) I've wondered about insurance. 'Self-insuring' it, ie, it gets damaged and I pay for all of it, would absolutely suck. :nightmare:

BTW, my insurance company is USAA.

Thoughts?
                            Last edited by Twistiva; 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM.
                            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• You might want to start a thread on this, but I'll say I have PLPD (personal liability and property damage) coverage on my car. Basically as cheap as it goes, get nothing back and still be legal to drive. (coverage only applies when it's parked, but there's a big deductable...)
                              Last edited by crazyrog17; 02-11-2013, 10:02 PM.
                              -Zack
                              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• added some new decals as seen in the "10+ HP" thread
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X