Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    I don't get it...is it a gay joke?
    I believe he meant that it handles well.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

roads arent straight forever.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I was kidding...was just making a point. It could be taken the wrong way!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I thought gay at first too haha.

Quick question about auto belts.
          My new one sounds q little gritty. Is there a way to lube these? If so what kind of lube and where?
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Drove it around doing some errands.

But I am completely stumped about something and have no idea what is causing it

I noticed that while the engine is completely warmed up, and it idles for about 5-10+ minutes the next good amount of throttle I give, I see a good amount of smoke in my rear view mirror, but it doesn't always do this but when it does it only lasts until I am up to speed. (I have only had it happen a few times since I bought the car last August)
            It is like oil occasionally gets kicked into the intake but I have replaced the PCV valve a few months ago so I don't see why that would be the problem.

I do have a slightly rough idle that I have yet to diagnose with a vacuum gauge, and I have a leaky valve cover gasket.

No coolant in the oil and no oil in the coolant so I don't think it is anything headgasket or ring piston ring related, and if it was piston rings wouldn't it be burning oil all the time, not just once in a blue moon?
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Received a set of 4 stock "Ford" hubcaps (the tiny chromed ones) I bought on e-Bay. They were listed as "used" but I swear you'd never know it; they look like they just came off the factory floor. Cost me only $30 ($18 and $12 shipping). A nice score for snow tires in the winter.

And.....spent about 2 hours reading several air conditioning installation threads. Didn't know there were 2 different AC systems/set-ups.....factory-installed and also dealer-installed systems AND.....that the 2 are NOT entirely compatible.

Great....what a pain! :cry_smile: It's gonna be bad enough trying to install all that stuff someday in my non-AC Festy but now I'll have to make sure I have compatible parts when that time comes. I'm telling you now fellow Festy-ites, be prepared for a ton of "will this work" questions when I get there. :nightmare:
              Last edited by Twistiva; 02-14-2013, 01:21 AM.
              88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
              88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
              91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
              93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                Received a set of 4 stock "Ford" hubcaps (the tiny chromed ones) I bought on e-Bay. They were listed as "used" but I swear you'd never know it; they look like they just came off the factory floor. Cost me only $30 ($18 and $12 shipping). A nice score for snow tires in the winter.

And.....spent about 2 hours reading several air conditioning installation threads. Didn't know there were 2 different AC systems/set-ups.....factory-installed and also dealer-installed systems AND.....that the 2 are NOT entirely compatible.

Great....what a pain! :cry_smile: It's gonna be bad enough trying to install all that stuff someday in my non-AC Festy but now I'll have to make sure I have compatible parts when that time comes. I'm telling you now fellow Festy-ites, be prepared for a ton of "will this work" questions when I get there. :nightmare:
                I discovered a lot of the differences when I was putting my accident damaged Aqua AC back together. Depending on which setup you install... I have a new dryer in the garage that I ordered that would not fit mine because my fittings were too small. Also a used screw on at both ends low pressure hose. Cant use either and could not return the dryer. If you discover that you can use them, they are your just for the cost of shipping to you.

Comment

• My Festiva is back on line. SO happy just gotta keep it warm inside and I'll be all good.
                  NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
                  1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
                  1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
                  1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
                  1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
                  1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
                  1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• Got the last part for my suspension swap (I hope). It was the passenger rear brake drum. Inspected it and repacked the bearing. Good to go, hope to be done by Monday!!
                    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Turned it around in the driveway
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Looked at the three feet of snow covering it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I looked at mine too, sitting in a barn with a brand new car cover over it. Hurry March!
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Did one of the most expensive, and tedious things you can do to a car...

I registered it.
                            '97 Aspire

Comment

• Does FL have safety and/or emissions inspections?
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• No, no inspections whatsoever. However, I believe our fees our higher than normal.
                                '97 Aspire

Comment

Working...
                                X