Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From now on only fill up with non ethanol gas that doesn't absorb water. Probably super.

Comment

• Or visit this place, lol. They offer gas with no ethanol, lol http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fr...et/67774713209
      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Just ordered myself new LCA's, inner and outer tie rod ends all for less than $100
        91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
        Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
        Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Got the tank installed yesterday along with a new ignition coil.

Car dies on me this morning on my route due to a loose negative battery terminal. OOPS. In the process something happened and now I don't have a driver side high beam nor does my cooling fan kick on at threshold temp (watched gauge move a little less than 3/4 the way to H!) Full of coolant, not dirty, oil is good and car is running fine. Just electrical issues now..
          93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• Aired up the tires and aired the tires on my parts cars. They were getting a bit low.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Cleaned around the Speedometer connection, removed and checked the fluid (Was full). 256,000 on aqua and still going strong.

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Put on my newly painted rear wing!!
                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Re-painted my wiper arms flat black, tire shined and detailed all of the rubber, and used heavy degreaser to get all the soot from two months of blue smoke off the back of my car. It's finally white again!
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• well.. i just bought my 1992 festiva about a week ago.. since then i've:

removed the back seat and seat belts
                    removed all interior panels and spray painted them turquoise
                    deep cleaned the carpets
                    put down a really rad area rug
                    hung up a bamboo windchime on one of the back hanger hooks
                    loaded up 3 rubbermaid tubs and ice chest with camping gear

today.. i bought a new battery, air filter, and an extra belt
                    considered changing out the alternator and started.. those are still original, but figured i'd save the cash for now if i can..

about to hit the road in two weeks for Great Adventure 2013!! will camp and live out of my festiva as i travel all over the country and visit friends and family..

going to take my windows to get tinted tomorrow for security and privacy
                    have patterns cut out for curtains that i'll custom sew in a few days - for night privacy

almost there, people. getting really excited

Comment

• Take out the passenger seat and level the floor to match the rear floor level with a jigsaw, plywood, screws and 2X4s. Then, you could just sleep in it and forget about hauling around and pitching a tent every night. I did that with my Jeep CJ-7. I hung some U-bolts with a notched wood rod from my roll bar. The notches prevented all of the clothes hangers from sliding around. I could get a lot of privacy with the Jeep because I camped in some narrow 4X4 spots.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                        Re-painted my wiper arms flat black,
                        I recommend aerosol trim paint. It's a 40 degree flat black as opposed to dead flat.
                        That's what I used to paint the swoopies, etc.

Comment

• Crazy guitar girl, welcome and this inspired some of the things I take for extended trips in the desert.

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Movin...wish that link had some pictures of their setup!
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts
                            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
                              Put on my newly painted rear wing!!
                              Hard to belive that three weeks ago that was 2500 miles away and red! Looks like a great job on the install.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyguitargrl View Post
                                well.. i just bought my 1992 festiva about a week ago.. since then i've:

removed the back seat and seat belts
                                removed all interior panels and spray painted them turquoise
                                deep cleaned the carpets
                                put down a really rad area rug
                                hung up a bamboo windchime on one of the back hanger hooks
                                loaded up 3 rubbermaid tubs and ice chest with camping gear

today.. i bought a new battery, air filter, and an extra belt
                                considered changing out the alternator and started.. those are still original, but figured i'd save the cash for now if i can..

about to hit the road in two weeks for Great Adventure 2013!! will camp and live out of my festiva as i travel all over the country and visit friends and family..

going to take my windows to get tinted tomorrow for security and privacy
                                have patterns cut out for curtains that i'll custom sew in a few days - for night privacy

almost there, people. getting really excited
                                AWESOME! That sounds so fun!
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X