Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a stainless CAT and as soon as I measure my muffler inlet OD I'm gonna order the stainless clamps in preparation for my full stainless steel exhaust system install
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Not today, but yesterday, I pulled the transmission and disassembled the inner CV's to plug the diff holes after draining the [pretty nasty] fluid. Found out the rear 'pad' mount for the transmission was completely delaminated from the rubber pad, started cleaning up the 15lbs of grease and dirt that accumulated on the transmission in 200 odd thousand miles. There's a lot of it.

Laid the transmission on top of the new engine, waiting on the input shaft bearing to come in so I can get them perfectly aligned and get a good template for the adapter plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
        My guess would be a bobcat diesel.
        I wish I could afford one, but nah. I originally wanted to put a Kubota 18hp 3 cylinder in, but then had a lead on what was supposed to be a 20HP lombardini and turned out to be a 10HP single, and in the mean time lost the chance for the Kubota, too...

I ended up going with something in the 58hp 1.6 liter variety. It's in the thread, pics will be tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

• Did a major tune-up. Replaced:
          Plugs (Denso)
          Oxygen Sensor (Denso)
          Air Filter (Wix)
          Distributor Cap/Rotor (Bosch)

Rockauto sent me 2 different spark plugs:
          W16EXR-U 3031
          W16EXR-U 3013

The difference being the top of the plug. I believe it was 3013 that had the 'solid' plug tip. Aside from 'snapping' onto the plug boot differently, the plug looks identical. One would think an order picker would take note of the different numbers, however my control arm came DOA (boot), so apparently there's not a whole lot of quality control.
          Their return policy is top notch. I'll happily take a new control arm and keep my broken one

Throttle response has improved dramatically.

Comment

• Got some manual seat belts from an 88L.

Currently drying from a recoloring I did to them. Read on a Mustang forum about changing the color of seatbelts, just involves soaking the belts in laqure thinner, then spray painting them while wet with the thinner, and it is supposed to soak the paint into the belt.

I didn't realize the headliner is different between manual belt, and electric belt cars.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
              Ordered a stainless CAT and as soon as I measure my muffler inlet OD I'm gonna order the stainless clamps in preparation for my full stainless steel exhaust system install
              any benefits by running a cat? or is that for inspection purposes?
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Got some manual seat belts from an 88L.

Currently drying from a recoloring I did to them. Read on a Mustang forum about changing the color of seatbelts, just involves soaking the belts in laqure thinner, then spray painting them while wet with the thinner, and it is supposed to soak the paint into the belt.

I didn't realize the headliner is different between manual belt, and electric belt cars.
                Vht also makes a vinyl and fabric dye spray at auto zone or advanced

-James
                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
                  Got my Matt Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering max MPG cam today and installed it. Drove to the gas station, filled it up and reset the trip odometer. I got 34.5 on my last tank. Will let everyone know how much MPG improves in about 2 weeks! Driving around I didn't notice any appreciable decrease in performance. Runs about the same. Should be a good experiment. This is on a 1st gen B6 with a Weber 32 36.
                  Excellent! You should start your own thread for this in the General Discussion forum. What jetting do you have in there? You may be changing it to leaner too.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Looks like I will have to go back tomorrow and get the headliner.

I really didn't want to pay $26 for a headliner, but I guess I have no choice. It is either that, or look like I am missing parts of the interior above the doors.
                    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Got some manual seat belts from an 88L.

That also might make them extremely stiff when they're dry.

-James
                      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                        That also might make them extremely stiff when they're dry.

-James
                        Nope, not really all that stiff at all.

Also they are in now. The electric belts are a serious pain in the butt to get out, I still haven't got the shoulder belts out, since they are bolted through the floor, with a nut to get rusted on the bottom side of the car. So I have to have another person hold bolt on the top while I try to wrench the nut off from underneath. I am guessing it was a captive nut that broke loose.

Now I just need bits of carpet to cover up the holes where the lap belts went.

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                          any benefits by running a cat? or is that for inspection purposes?
                          It's just for looks. It's mostly to show off Will's exhaust system so I told him I'd install a high flow cat so people can see what it looks like. I'll be running a 364 pipe most of the time

They never look under my car when I get it inspected, but it'll be nice to have the option now just in case :mrgreen:
                          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• :thumbs_up:
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Looks like I will have to go back tomorrow and get the headliner.

I really didn't want to pay $26 for a headliner, but I guess I have no choice. It is either that, or look like I am missing parts of the interior above the doors.
                              My '88 LX has a cloth headliner and the automatic models I've seen have a foam headliner. Do the later ones have holes for the cloth liner or does an '89 have a foam liner?
                              \
                              Jack Byrd,
                              1991 Capri
                              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                              1970 Chev C10
                              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                                It's just for looks. It's mostly to show off Will's exhaust system so I told him I'd install a high flow cat so people can see what it looks like. I'll be running a 364 pipe most of the time

They never look under my car when I get it inspected, but it'll be nice to have the option now just in case :mrgreen:
                                I got one also for the same reason, forgot to say I ordered bearings so Zanzer could rebuild my bottom end.
                                Jack Byrd,
                                1991 Capri
                                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                                1970 Chev C10
                                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Working...
                                X