Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Replaced the water pump, timing belt and thermostat in my daughter's Festiva. Cracked the thermostat housing in the process but fortunately had a spare.

May have a more serious problem though... started the car with the rad cap off and coolant spewed out. I suspect a blown head gasket and warped head.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• You had better order an extra thermostat cover on the Four Green group buy.

Comment

• Got a bunch of parts off a Green 93L car at the Cincy Upullandpay.

I got some airvents to replace the one I stupidly painted, a door jamb switch to replace the broken one on my passenger door, washer tube bracket, the tethered gas-cap (My tether was broken) Plus snagged the owners manuals out of the glovebox. Still had the warranty card, and documents on the dealer installed A/C.

The main part I picked up was a hood, has rust but it is solid and not rusted through, so it can be sanded and painted without filler.

Someone installed a massive radiator that stretched the entire length of the grill, but still used the stock top and bottom plastic pieces. Talk about overkill.

Car was in better shape than mine, with less than half the miles, only had 128k. Little bit of rust, but not much, most of the rust was around the engine, mainly on the brake booster.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-18-2013, 11:59 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Picked up this 91 Xr2.... a bit of an adventure! Thanks Dale (link) for the help!
          The body is fairly straight with some paint flake and the top is decent. Needs some love for sure. Plans as of now is to fix it up for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• I installed a Grill Block, to increase Fuel Economy (by decreasing Coefficient Drag) and help the engine temps get up to operating level faster.
            My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
              Got a bunch of parts off a Green 93L car at the Cincy Upullandpay.

I got some airvents to replace the one I stupidly painted, a door jamb switch to replace the broken one on my passenger door, washer tube bracket, the tethered gas-cap (My tether was broken) Plus snagged the owners manuals out of the glovebox. Still had the warranty card, and documents on the dealer installed A/C.

The main part I picked up was a hood, has rust but it is solid and not rusted through, so it can be sanded and painted without filler.

Someone installed a massive radiator that stretched the entire length of the grill, but still used the stock top and bottom plastic pieces. Talk about overkill.

Car was in better shape than mine, with less than half the miles, only had 128k. Little bit of rust, but not much, most of the rust was around the engine, mainly on the brake booster.
              There's a 93l at upap!!!?!?! What happened to the red one I need the interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                I feel like I've seen this photo before? Maybe from my CL notifications for Capri...where did you end up picking this one up? Did you get a good deal?
                Last edited by Prafeston; 03-19-2013, 12:24 PM.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                  I feel like I've seen this photo before? Maybe from my CL notifications for Capri...where did you end up picking this one up for? Did you get a good deal?
                  Yeah CL Indianapolis (it was in Shelbyville). I ended up paying $500 for it.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Pretty good deal man! Good luck with it!
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Charlie, I spy a GP!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        Charlie, I spy a GP!
                        haha oh yeah??? You'd be looking at link5186's car. Which I think they may be selling

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Oh man. Don't tempt me. Especially with a 94-96 and in that color!
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                            Oh man. Don't tempt me. Especially with a 94-96 and in that color!
                            It's just teasing you muhaha!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Good thing you're not very close! :lol:
                              Buck.

Comment

• Tested fuel pressure because I'm having another strange issue. I got 28psi with and without vacuum hooked to the manifold. If I rev the car, fuel pressure doesn't budge so I'm guessing the pump is good (especially given the fact that it's like a month old)

Kinked the return line and pressure shot up. Oo I think that points to a regulator. Parts store wants $110 :thumbs_down: Rock Auto it is.

OO and I did the Rio strut swap yesterday finally. Oh my lord was it worth it. Ready to do the brake/hub swap and my Aspy swap in back so I can get the bigger rubber under there and go play!
                                93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

Working...
                                X