Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew it up on the way back from Durham..........:cry_smile: Guess that B6 is gonna be sooner than later.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Got my front end parts assembled ready for install on Tuesday evening...

uploadfromtaptalk1367184758555.jpg

Moog ES3048RL balljoints (one is already on the car)
      Moog RK9477 lower control arms
      Moog K9737 sway bar to LCA bushings
      Nolathane bushings for the sway bar to body mount (can't find part number just now)

Stock Festiva sway bar going back in.

Also got some more work done on the replacement fenders and hatch...

uploadfromtaptalk1367185246552.jpg

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Got the alt on the B6, as well as a freshly cleaned water return pipe. Also swapped the fuel injector harness. Just gotta get the ac compressor bracket bolted on and the suspension stuff back together and in she goes!
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• That's great! I can't wait to see what it looks like!
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Stopped at the UPAP today to check out a 91 Festiva GL they just got in.

Well, the car looked like it was used on Utube. It was beat the hell. The only good body part on it was the hatchback. The inside was trashed. Very sad!

I did look underneath and there was hardly any rust. The car must have come from down south. The park brake cable was all intacked, worked, and looked brand new. So I pulled that. The drums were in great shape too so I took them along with the inside components.

To bad they beat that car up. The car was 95% rust free!
            1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Today: received some long awaited brown welting seals from a seller in Thailand. (Welting seals are the long, flexible rubber, channel-shaped seals that fit around the door opening....the ends fit under the front/back of the door sills.)

Mechanically/structurally, they are EXACTLY what came from the factory over 20 years ago. All right!

One little problem. The pix of the item showed a LIGHT brown seal and the seller said he had dark brown and light brown seals. I specified light brown.

Guess which one he sent?

Joy. Now I get to open a complaint against a seller, half way around the world, to try and get it worked out. Shipping was $30. I'll be ticked if they try to claim that what's in the e-Bay picture is what they sent me.

:cussing:
              Last edited by Twistiva; 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM.
              88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
              88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
              91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
              93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Today I put 15" wheels off of a 2001 Volvo S70 on my 92 festiva. I used 2" wheel spacers and 175/55R 15 tires. I think it looks incredible. I'm going to have to raise the struts and inch or so, to keep the tires from rubbing the fenders when I hit bumps. I will work on that this weekend, but for now I'm just going to drive and enjoy it.

92 festiva 15 inch wheels.jpg92 festiva 15 inch wheels #4.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rgodwin; 04-29-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Got it JUST SHY of dropping in.... It appears some of my bolts have gone missing?!?!

I'm missing like 8 bolts. And I have no idea how it happened... I had all the bolts separated in little cups on the table.........

Anyhoo, getting really close.
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Seems you have bolt gremlins.
                    I tend to have extra bolts. I just assume the bolts breed and reproduce when piled up.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Sold one of mine...the 89L....down to one now.
                      92 GL, 98k
                      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• ^ Judging by what I just read in your signature it seems as though you made the best choice on which to sell and which to keep. Ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                          Got it JUST SHY of dropping in.... It appears some of my bolts have gone missing?!?!

I'm missing like 8 bolts. And I have no idea how it happened... I had all the bolts separated in little cups on the table.........

Anyhoo, getting really close.
                          Better hope they aren't in the engine somewhere!!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                            Seems you have bolt gremlins.
                            I tend to have extra bolts. I just assume the bolts breed and reproduce when piled up.
                            ROFL! Dang gremlin took my 10mm socket too!

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                            Better hope they aren't in the engine somewhere!!
                            Bah, shouldn't be, I haven't opened up the B6 lol. If they somehow made it in there, I'm going to slit some throats!!
                            Buck.

Comment

• ooooooyeahhhhhh
                              Originally posted by deathrace2000 View Post
                              ^ Judging by what I just read in your signature it seems as though you made the best choice on which to sell and which to keep. Ha.
                              92 GL, 98k
                              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Worked on the rear brakes. Put in the self ajusters and parking brake line and hooked them all up. Now I have park brakes and the brake pedal does not go all they way to the floor now!! Feels like new brakes!!banana time
                                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X