Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightened the two bolts on the air con compressor bracket. Still trying to figure out the size of the third one. Ordered new Moog Inner tie rods, engine mounts and valve cover gasket. Still looking for a set of 4x100 rims for my front aspire swap.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Changed the oil it was a bit over due. The HLA's were talking. Changed out the "so called" premium dist. cap from OReilly's. Put a regular old cap on. Running like a champ going to be hard to watch it go.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Pressure washed the engine bay in preparation for new parts. About half way done.
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
          Changed the oil it was a bit over due. The HLA's were talking. Changed out the "so called" premium dist. cap from OReilly's. Put a regular old cap on. Running like a champ going to be hard to watch it go.
          Weird. Opposite here.

Everytime I dump in new oil they'll talk the next morning. The more over due, less of the chance of morning chatter..... Sometimes enough collapse it'll miss for 30 seconds. F'it, just a car. Can't win, leave it.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            I cant decide what color to do my GL wheels. That shade looks almost like the light brown m&m's from the 1980's. I want a little more shiny but I love how your car looks. I just need a spoiler to be a sister car.
            They aren't quite as bright as I was thinking they would be, but they do have some sparkle in them so in the sun they are pretty shiny. The color is called Starbrite Orange Copper. Dennis powder coated them for me. http://www.powderbuythepound.com/STA...ORANGE_COPPER/

Here are some more pics of the color. I've also tried this spray paint I found at AutoZone for hightemp parts. It's a metallic orange that is pretty closely matched to these wheels I tested the color on the rear center cap on the drivers side which you can kind of see in the photo of mine you linked.

They look a bit brighter in this one. You really probably just need to see them in person...or for the right price I'll ship them to you!

Here is a closer view of the wheels color.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
              They look a bit brighter in this one. You really probably just need to see them in person...or for the right price I'll ship them to you! :icon_smile:
              Ha ha NOOO i want to finish my 4x100 rio swap. I think copper bronze or gold is a great contrasting color for the green. I have some Copper metallic paint but the plasti dip option sounds better in order to sell mine off when i get sick of them. As stated earlier i just half-butt did the front brakes and put the outside pad on inside on one wheel. That killed another 15 minutes. Motivation to remove AND clean all 4 wheels? GONE!
              Last edited by getnpsi; 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM.
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Direct complementary colors are blue and orange, red and green, yellow and violet.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 07-23-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Killing more wasps that have decided to make nests in my poor car. Not a single one all last summer, yet I can't kill them fast enough this year.

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!

Comment

• Went through and tightened all the bolts after a few days of driving my rio/aspire swap and got it all tuned in. Love it. Easy to work on and the extra power is nice. The front is stiffer but it feels great. Only wish there was a way to stiffen up the rear damping so I can go with stiffer springs. Need to slow compression down a little.

ALL new bushings and struts front and rear so the car drives like a new one. Now to order my tires this Thursday. Probably go with 175/50's since my 195/45's do a little bit of rubbing on extreme dips. They didn't at all on my other car hmmmmmm Nearly the same overall dia but 20mm narrower.
                    -Bryant

Comment

• Replaced downstream o2 sensor.
                      With new one ordered online, after selling old header.
                      Denso 234-4037

To my suprise it had enough extra length to reach the relocated o2 bung.

Now I just need one extension instead of 2
                      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• I put my rear bench seat, with split back, back in my festy.
                        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Sooooo suddenly while driving it yesterday, my right blinker circuit became one with my headlight circuit? Just driving, the rt indicator will be dimly illuminated, and if I turn on the right blinker, the headlight will blink and occasionally the cluster light will flicker/go out.

WTF??
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Brand new custom exhaust. All new from the heater back! No more pin holes! All new factory hangers! No more tie wire for the original owner! Finally!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisp6 View Post
                              Brand new custom exhaust. All new from the heater back! No more pin holes! All new factory hangers! No more tie wire for the original owner! Finally!
                              A heater back exhaust eh!

Must be a west Virginia thing. ;-)
                              Last edited by rmoltis; 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM.
                              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Working...
                              X