Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
    I took my 93L to the muffler shop. Drove thru town with a very light foot on the throttle. Didn't want a ticket for having no exhaust hooked up. Now I have a nice 2.25 inch exhaust with 2 turbo mufflers in line. It was my 93's first trip on the r
    oad since it's rebuild. It was NICE!!
    cant wait to hear it & go for a ride!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Started to encase the dash wire harness with 1" split loom. Took three quick pics before I started. I draped an extra old dash harness over the top so that you can see how much thicker the wire bundle has become. There are still a few ground wires to splice together. Added wiring for dimmable lighter ring, choke light, clock radio, gas door popper, remote door locks with horn honk (separate horn), light flash, dome light supervision, idle up for P/S and A/C, under dash courtesy lamps, cruise control main power switch and power windows.

Left hand side
      Center
      Right hand side

I couldn't figure out how to pop the unused terminals out of the Viper connector so I just rolled up the pigtails. I also wired for future door speakers and future cigar tray light. Note the large factory hold down clips on all plastic tabs.

I sure hope I didn't forget anything.
      You do beautiful work....:thumbs_up:
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

I took my 93L to the muffler shop. Drove thru town with a very light foot on the throttle. Didn't want a ticket for having no exhaust hooked up. Now I have a nice 2.25 inch exhaust with 2 turbo mufflers in line. It was my 93's first trip on the road since it's rebuild. It was NICE!!
        How's the sound with the turbos on it?
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• [QUOTE=greywolf200;614527]How's the sound with the turbos on it?[/QUOTE

Here's a link to a video of it running. The motor is smoking some but hasn't been run in over 2 yrs. I'm hoping the rings settle and it stops after I drive it some.

Last edited by Team Lightning; 08-28-2013, 08:07 PM.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Drove it to, and from work.

I spent most of the day driving a Chevy Express Van for Autozone. They moved me to their Hub store, and made me a hub driver.

Really sucks having GPS tracking you, and you can't go over the speed limit AT ALL. So if it is 65, I have to sit around 60-64. Don't they realize it is unsafe to drive slower than the traffic flow? No, they believe in a little gizmo that plugs into the Vans ECU, and tattles whenever you speed.

I can understand tracking your mileage, making sure you are not goofing off, but this shit of having the electronic nanny always sitting there like it is looking over your shoulder sucks.
            Also I have heard they have gone through 8 drivers in a month over this, so I am fearing for my job, because I know I have gone over speed limits multiple times, mainly because of quick speed change drops, and no signs posted down back roads.

I would love to find whoever thought this was a good idea, and shove every single one of these that he has put into his company's vehicles so far up where the sun don't shine that he will be coughing them up for weeks.
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-28-2013, 11:12 PM.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• The not to be named natl. pest control company I work for had GPS on our trucks. The manager could sit at his computer & track us. The thing I got called into the office for many, many times was "IDELING". Its Fla. , & hot, I'd sit in my truck to do paperwork with the A/C on. Sorry for the mini-rant.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Did you tell the boss that? I would.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                  Drove it to, and from work.

I spent most of the day driving a Chevy Express Van for Autozone. They moved me to their Hub store, and made me a hub driver.

Really sucks having GPS tracking you, and you can't go over the speed limit AT ALL. So if it is 65, I have to sit around 60-64. Don't they realize it is unsafe to drive slower than the traffic flow? No, they believe in a little gizmo that plugs into the Vans ECU, and tattles whenever you speed.

I can understand tracking your mileage, making sure you are not goofing off, but this shit of having the electronic nanny always sitting there like it is looking over your shoulder sucks.
                  Also I have heard they have gone through 8 drivers in a month over this, so I am fearing for my job, because I know I have gone over speed limits multiple times, mainly because of quick speed change drops, and no signs posted down back roads.

I would love to find whoever thought this was a good idea, and shove every single one of these that he has put into his company's vehicles so far up where the sun don't shine that he will be coughing them up for weeks.
                  I don't know about your gps, but mine also states the speed limit and it is wrong a lot!
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Here's a link to a video of it running. The motor is smoking some but hasn't been run in over 2 yrs. I'm hoping the rings settle and it stops after I drive it some.

http://s978.photobucket.com/user/beb...15f34.mp4.html
                    That's louder than I expected from turbos, but I like it. Thanks,
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Jack that motor is NOT a B3. It's a BP. I'm sure that makes it a little louder. It's still a lot quieter than my B3 with glasspacks.
                      Last edited by Team Lightning; 08-29-2013, 08:46 AM.
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Structural, sort of. You could get away without it, but it does serve to control chassis flex and also holds the transmission's weight torque load.

Comment

• I'm in need of a machinist to 'fix' my flywheel so that it will fit on the swap donor engine... I don't have any monies. I'll trade someone a core B3 (bad bearings, still rolled over) if they're willing to hook a brotha up.

Comment

• I changed my steerinwheel, it's from BG-chassis 323 (Protege for you guys)

Finally finished my tweeters for a-pillars, left side got little bit too much glue, so it came through from the canvas:

Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
                            It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• ^^ Kiitos for the pics...looks great!
                              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                                Did you tell the boss that? I would.
                                Oh, yeah, I invited him to ride with me. He declined.
                                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                                X