Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the axles in, I got a rad hose coming in tomorrow at NAPA, it runs! I started it and ran it or like 30-45seconds with NO OIL! I was a complete idiot and forgot to fill it. Hopefully I didn't kill it. I have to order a new intake tube from ebay because the one I got is a 3incher, and it takes a 2.5 incher, so I cinched down the pipe, but it didn't idle for crap. I hope to sweet lord jesus I didn't kill it.
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
      I don't know about your gps, but mine also states the speed limit and it is wrong a lot!
      Yeah Same here. These are wrong allot too. It's all down to the whoever is supposed to update these systems.

Yeah, there is no way to tell what the GPS speed limits are unless I am using my phone.
      I found using Trapster on my phone gives me the GPS posted speed limits. Like I75 in some areas it is now up to 70mph, but the GPS still reads 65mph. There is another stretch of road where it reads that it is 45mph even though it is posted as 55mph.

Nothing more embarrassing then being passed by a 18-wheeler on a back road, because you have to go under the speed limit.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Installed a Weber + Rocketman adapter on the '89LX! Runs nice!

(Technically yesterday and today lol).

-Joe
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
          Got the axles in, I got a rad hose coming in tomorrow at NAPA, it runs! I started it and ran it or like 30-45seconds with NO OIL! I was a complete idiot and forgot to fill it. Hopefully I didn't kill it. I have to order a new intake tube from ebay because the one I got is a 3incher, and it takes a 2.5 incher, so I cinched down the pipe, but it didn't idle for crap. I hope to sweet lord jesus I didn't kill it.
          John bless you my child, I am positive you didn't. Just don't so that again, mmmk? You can get a 3" to 2.5" reducer easily enough, and that might be a good thing to do, instead of getting the whole pipe. Others, chime in, wouldn't that be better for flow?
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
            Jack that motor is NOT a B3. It's a BP. I'm sure that makes it a little louder. It's still a lot quieter than my B3 with glasspacks.
            Mine will be a hopped up B6 SOHC and am hoping for a nice mellow sound.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
              John bless you my child, I am positive you didn't. Just don't so that again, mmmk? You can get a 3" to 2.5" reducer easily enough, and that might be a good thing to do, instead of getting the whole pipe. Others, chime in, wouldn't that be better for flow?
              Nope. Zero effect, except at higher velocity the angular flow will restrict the inlet to some extent, causing decreased pressure behind the vortex it creates. Injen had a solution to this when they created teh filter cone with a cap that was also a filter, because air could easily be pulled in from the top. It created another set of problems with internal vortices, though.

Comment

• I'm doing some reconstructive surgery on the radiator support on my 88LX. Pulled it out for a clutch replacement, The back bolts came out, looked like the front were but the impact was just winding up some of the sheet metal with the captive nuts. Got the parts made and tacked the new lower radiator mounts on. Next car I work on,, I'll drill some access holes to get some Kroil on those bolts before I start.

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Got the engine all unhooked, ready to pull the axles and pluck the drivetrain tomorrow! Another F3A going in

Shameless plug for FOTM. Go to the home page, bottom left corner is the poll. Vote for me!
                  Last edited by crazyrog17; 08-31-2013, 08:02 PM.
                  -Zack
                  Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post

Got the engine all unhooked, ready to pull the axles and pluck the drivetrain tomorrow! Another F3A going in

Shameless plug for FOTM. Go to the home page, bottom left corner is the poll. Vote for me!
                    All depends on the competition at the time... but I'd say you are well on your way to making it.
                    Looks like you hood strut is working great.
                    Are those tomatoes in the background in pots?...looks like there are producing well. What variety are they?

Comment

• Almost finished my first steering knuckle rebuild. With the help of the excellent instructions on the forum, it wasn't all that difficult.

Hope someone who has had this problem before can help me. I probably should have pulled out the rope that I used to push in
                      the rear grease seal before I tightened the nut so much when pressing in the bearing. But too late now.

Can someone tell me the easiest way to get the rope out now?
                      Last edited by 1990new; 09-01-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post

All depends on the competition at the time... but I'd say you are well on your way to making it.
                        Looks like you hood strut is working great.
                        Are those tomatoes in the background in pots?...looks like there are producing well. What variety are they?

Comment

• Haha, last ditch effort but I knew I had no chance. Awesome cars this month!

Yep, they're tomatoes. I don't know the for sure the types but I know the beefsteaks didn't take, the romas are doing well and the cherry tomatoes are getting out of hand. Too good at their jobs!

There are some marigolds and sunflowers over there too, one sunflower is taller than the wall. You can see it peeking over my hood! Dad calls it Hydra.
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I finally got around to doing a magic eraser test on oxidized TPO (gray bumpers). It's a lot better than before. I would say it looks to be about 15 years younger.
                            I will post some pictures tomorrow. You have to use a lot of elbow grease and the magic erasers take a beating. Plan on using four per bumper. I am not a fan of painting plastic with non heat-catalyzed paint.

Comment

• I've done a lot in last month or so check out pics it was all stock when I started now has rio/aspire front and rear with rear air shock, weber swap, msd swap, cruise control, and a hitch install. phew im getting tired gonna need a break soon lol
                              Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Comment

• 1chrisapple's images are not publicly available.

Comment

Working...
                                X