Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that sounds like another job for the Dawn quick power dissolver remember the warning do not get on paint well it works great with paint on skin because the paint really hasnt curred or anything. take it from a guy who wants results and doesn't mask festiva half the time
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
      that sounds like another job for the Dawn quick power dissolver remember the warning do not get on paint well it works great with paint on skin because the paint really hasnt curred or anything. take it from a guy who wants results and doesn't mask festiva half the time
      Best thing I've found is putting some olive oil on a paper towel. Brings it off everything.

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Olive oil, much more sexy.

today I added some fog lights and could not find my bad grille to hack down to make it look nice and then it got really cold. I called it quits to go play with family. while I was routingthe wires I kinked the nylon to my vacuum gauge so I sorta have to do all that over anyway no big deal
        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
          Haha. No bashing intended. I was asking because I've seen the roll on last a good bit longer than the spray. Unless its done professionally

-James
          Surface prep is usually the secret to all good paint jobs.
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Sorry, the lighting outside was completely crap for taking pictures.

I love how shiny the bumper turned out.

Now time to do the front bumper after I get some more masking tape.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Driving from work and on the way to pay the rent and my fuel pump gives out on me across the street from a Autozone store. After 30min trying to start it I walked across the street,bought a new fuel pump for $121.00+tax $145.00,walked back across the street, lifted the back seat,got my four star screw driver and 45min later,I drove off into the sunset. It was fun and cheaper then calling a tow truck to come take it to a shop and do it. Love this car. Thanks Greg. If you r reading this I called cross cheak but no biggie.
              Last edited by Speechless35; 11-30-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Sorry, the lighting outside was completely crap for taking pictures.

Looks good, need some red stripes in the bumpers and down the side next.

Good work.
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Id just keep going. Black festivas are rare. How much roughing up did you do on rear bumper? Its nog metal, what works without a 5 step job shops use? Mines green painted, peeling etc.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                    Looks good, need some red stripes in the bumpers and down the side next.

Good work.
                    I was actually thinking of doing a red strip on the bumpers since I do have a can on red paint. not sure how well the side trim will look red, will have to play with it in a photoshop like program see if it looks good.

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                    Id just keep going. Black festivas are rare. How much roughing up did you do on rear bumper? Its nog metal, what works without a 5 step job shops use? Mines green painted, peeling etc.
                    I have thought of doing the whole car in bed-liner. (Minus anything plastic)

I didn't rough it up at all. I really should have though, but I am always impatient, so I just cleaned it. If it peels again I will just get a power sander and get it all back down to plastic then repaint it.

Comment

• Torque, just use red pin stripe tape. That's what I did. No mess. Finished in ten minutes. I slowed down re & re (removing and reinstalling) the front license plate.

Comment

Sorry, the lighting outside was completely crap for taking pictures.

Mine used to look just like this...

-James
                        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Man I so want to put aftermarket wheels on mine. But I just don't think it is worth it by making it a theft target.

Lock nuts don't help that any, since that just ends up getting you a busted window since they know you are going to have the key for them somewhere in the car. Because you would be SOL if you got a flat.
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-30-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Man I so want to put aftermarket wheels on mine. But I just don't think it is worth it by making it a theft target.

Lock nuts don't help that any, since that just ends up getting you a busted window since they know you are going to have the key for them somewhere in the car. Because you would be SOL if you got a flat.
                            People generally don't mess with cars like they used to. And like you said, if they want in, they'll get in. Whether there's a key or not, theyll get it started somehow.
                            Get yourself some wheels, locknuts, and a flashing red or blue led device that would make them think you have security. My Kenwood head unit acts as this for Mr when I remove the faceplate. But the more I think about it, it'd be hard to steal and hide a car that stands out like mine...

-James

Comment

• Did passenger side-only completely 100% new brakes on the '89. Shoes, drums, wheel cylinder, wheel bearings, nut, hardware. Got started too late to do both sides. Awaiting tomorrow's sunlight.

No more leaking brakes! Wooooooohooooooo. Pedal felt strong after a quick bleed (just that one wheel, will do 4-wheel after I do the other side).

-Joe
                              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                              1988 LX 5-speed
                              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Bought some OZ rims from Prafeston at the Herman meet, all I need now is some new skins.

An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X