Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maikel View Post
    I founded the spacer!! It was middle of the crappy bearing peaces.
    Now I rechanged teh bearing, and also right side.

But now just need to know the torque for hubnut... Tried to use the search, but can't find there, too much different topics & posts...
    As far as I remember the torque for the front is 120-145pounds.
    I just usually tighten them with an air gun and then turn the rotor while the cars out of gear to set the bearing in place then tighten it with a 24" bar with the weight of my front arm and partial body weight. I don't ever stake them so I can reuse them. But they'll stay on with the air gun only.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Are those stock b6t pistons? Thet look really dished. My 9.5/1 has no dish just valve pocketts.

Comment

• It's obviously an awesome shot glass for that crown. Look it even has a handle and a convenient place to drink from.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
          91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
          06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Ehrmagherd! What is the compression on those?
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Visited my local PAP and saved some Festi parts from the crusher. A couple of headlights, a tilt column w/inter-wipers and cruise control, a hatch with heated glass and wiper, a disty, thermostat housing, 2 gray-2 tan rear speaker housings, and a really nice B3 head off a '93. Don't need the head, but figured someone would. Be on the lookout, I've got to sell some stuff to pay for this.
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• I bought studs to replace the lug-studs on the Aspire swap on the front suspensoin. As I was tightning the lug nuts I snapped one of the studs. I was useing my hands & a lug wench. Bought a butane tourch & Reverse drellbits/broken bolt removal set. Removed it today & put the Lugnut back, & broke another stud. Remove it & the other 2 studs, & replaced them all with the oem lugstuds. I'm 65 & not a weight lifter & I broke both of these by hand, Didn't use air wrench & was not useing my feet/legs to tighten them. The studs were from EMPI & were for off road raceing. I had used them before with no problrms. They seemed to be hollow, maybe miscased. I'll return them Monday to the VW Buggy shop. Be careful out there, it would hve been fun if they had snapped as I was zipping around a courner.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Better lay off those wheaties before your next wheel swap.
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                    Better lay off those wheaties before your next wheel swap.
                    I guess. I have/had the same studs on all 4 of my stock wheels. Has to be a bad batch.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Drove it to work, and back, getting real tired of freezing to death before the heater starts to work.

Seriously I have tried everything, these cars just have the absolute worst warm up time I have every seen in a car. A 5 mile drive though stop and go traffic should have the temps up further than the lowest mark of the normal range.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• mine seems to have instant heat.. I thought this was weird
                        1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
                        1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
                        2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
                        2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
                        2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
                        1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

• Did you get a two stage thermostat Torque?
                          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                            Did you get a two stage thermostat Torque?
                            I had a two stage stat meant for a 323, didn't make a bit of difference.

I have tried like 4 different stats, fixed the leak on the freeze plug, have flushed the cooling system with Cascade, pulled out the dash to clean the heatercore. (should have nothing to do with warm-up times, but I thought it should be cleaned anyway.)
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• You should get one of those laser guided temp scanners from harbor freight. For giggles shoot the two hoses on your firewall and compare. If those arent new maybe they are gunked up?
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Did you reverse flush the heater core to ensure it isn't partially blocked?

Comment

Working...
                                X