Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New set of rear speakers showed up today. Will put them on the new to me set of rear speaker mounts tonight and install them on Saturday!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      Adjusted the base idle.

Can't seem to get it to go down to 700rpms. With the STI grounded I could get it that low, but as soon as I remove the ground and start the engine back up, it is up between 750-800, I re-ground the STI then start the engine it stays at 700. So I adjusted it down to 650 with the STI grounded to see if that would help, nope, with STI un-grounded it still idles at 750. Weird.
      iirc the fsm says set idle to 700-720 or so with the wire grounded.
      -Bryant

Comment

• Dumped half a can of Seafoam into the crankcase, 150 miles from a oil change, once I get down to 50miles I will dump the rest of the can in.

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
        iirc the fsm says set idle to 700-720 or so with the wire grounded.
        Ah
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Changed oil. Discovered the energy suspension bracket on sway bar was cracked. If i had changed my oil a month ago i would have saved 3 months worth of tire wear. Live and learn.

P.S. installer error...i had one oddball nut on there that was there already, came with car, and it dug into the bracket causing the crack. DO NOT TAKE SWAYBAR OR ANYTHING ATTACHED TO IT LIGHTLY. When i hit the brakes the whole front of car shifted causing the wacked out alignment.

I also went ahead and retorqued all of it down, including some fasteners (xmember to rails) that i had not checked before. They were not all that tight. If you change any bushings or other pices to solid or service or car at all be in the habit to check all the easy ones while you are under there, the more the better
          Last edited by getnpsi; 03-07-2014, 02:03 AM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Redid brakes
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Roy. You need a gentle buff, starting with your hood. If you think it's too bad to buff, remove the hood and have it repainted. Buff the rest of the car. I repainted my hood, doors + hatch separately and you can hardly tell the difference.
              Good call, we want to get it painted... IDEALLY glitter gold. Expensive but that's our dream

Comment

• Gold? What ever happened to normal colors like red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet?

Have it mylared. There is a thread showing a Festiva being done.

Then put it on a ship to Dubai.

Comment

• Strange day today. Walked through undisturbed snow to a barn on a farm. Saw my Festiva again for the first time in two and a half months. It's still there under the car cover. Removed fan shroud for Bert. Installed mini amber cigar lighter bulb. Perfect fit. Picked up bright red polyester powder twin carb air cleaners at Spectrum Powdercoaters. Loosened dash bolts for final removal and reinstall after Revolution safety (tach signal) module replaces (VAF) fuel pump relay. Decided to position fuel pump resistor behind rear left panel (near inertia switch). Beautiful whte fields of snow. When the weather warms up I will show my fellow members a 1936 Chevy pickup truck (currently tarped).

Comment

• Changed the oil.

Comment

• Picked up some auxiliary lights from autozone. Hope to install them tomorrow after I time the engine properly this time.

Comment

• Washed Trixie

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                          Washed Trixie
                          Got the engine timed properly, got my auxiliary lights mounted, and rinsed the salt build up off with a garden hose.

About to go out and put the electric seat belt receivers back in, and clean the junk out, and possibly look into getting the wiring all in place for the auxiliary lights. (Cheap kit didn't come with any ground connectors)

Comment

• Went to the JY this morning and got me a drivers door, rad fan, one rear drum, A vertical support piece off the front end, & a radio/temp cover and other parts from the inside. I will probably go back and get other parts off of other festies since I didn't have time to this morning.
                            1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              Strange day today. Walked through undisturbed snow to a barn on a farm. Saw my Festiva again for the first time in two and a half months. It's still there under the car cover. Removed fan shroud for Bert. Installed mini amber cigar lighter bulb. Perfect fit. Picked up bright red polyester powder twin carb air cleaners at Spectrum Powdercoaters. Loosened dash bolts for final removal and reinstall after Revolution safety (tach signal) module replaces (VAF) fuel pump relay. Decided to position fuel pump resistor behind rear left panel (near inertia switch). Beautiful whte fields of snow. When the weather warms up I will show my fellow members a 1936 Chevy pickup truck (currently tarped).
                              i need to see those air cleaners!
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• kum, twin red.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 03-10-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X