Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold it - sort of. Pending on my finding the dang title.

The poor '90 was my first Festiva, and my first car in general. I learned a lot from her, and she will be sorely missed.
    She's going to a neighbor (Worthington) who's helped me work on her over the years. He drives 40mi roundtrip @ 8MPG in his Chevy truck, so the ol' gal will pay for herself in a matter of 3-4 months. Went ahead and sold him the parts car minus 5-speed trans, spindles, and a couple odds and ends for an extra $100. Hopefully "Little Red" will be on the road for atleast a few more years!

Le sigh.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
      lol

you will be 45 minutes from my house.
      Come on by.
      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by iriegnome View Post
        Replaced another brake line on my Festie!! That is 3 so far. Probably going to replace the other front line when we thaw out.
        Invest in some braided brake lines.. Means better brake performance and should last you a lot longer

Sent from the depths of hell.
        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km
        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          One winter up there, and you will be begging to go back to Florida and buy another Festiva. Did you tell the new owner about this site? Good luck in Portland. Don't forget to take an umbrella.
          Nahhhhh......I grew up on northern Minnesota....International Falls to be exact......I remember putting my 78 Trans am in the ditch and it was -40......-80 with the wind chill........Portland? No problem.

I'm really looking forward to it.
          92 GL, 98k
          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Alright, so I'm (we're) bad at responding in a timely fashion. There is two of us, and we are both on here but aren't always great at replying in a timely fashion....
            SO- we had a yellow 91 festiva (with a dog on it?) and the previous owner never changed the oil- SO.. we got a black 88.

It definitely wasn't today but we have in the past six months...

replaced left rear drum brake, starter, fuel filter, coolant temperature sensor, air filter, and the driver side door handle thanks to bravekozak

then we also really needed to replace the steering rack/box and successfully replaced with a 94 aspire.

two new tires- and most recently replaced the very necessary deer skull on the grill. its an 8-point now.

i feel guilty that i haven't kept up better seeing as people are so helpful here. I'll upload some pics tomorrow-- so thats it for now.

looking to do a similar turbo upgrade on the cheap like http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-My-B3-T-setup

thanks everyone.
            Last edited by Roygbiv; 03-02-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Drove it an hour home from work. On an inch of glare ice. Faster than everybody else. Passed a Mini, a Ram, and some kind of small Chevy SUV. Festiva rules.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• looked up prices for my 14 in rim swap
                90 L plus 180,000 miles and counting.

Comment

• drove it to work
                  Last edited by rjsmall; 03-03-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                    Love the engine crane.. Level- EXTREEME.

It works good when you are working alone. You can lift while moving the tractor forward and back or to the side by turning the front wheels. You have to get off a couple of times to make sure you aren't snagging anything. Ones it out you can take if to the power washer prior to dropping it into an other car. By changing your top link you can get the boom way up high if needed. to install new plugs etc. I just left the motor hanging, gonna make a caster for it so It will roll out of the way when not in use. The boom pole will lift 2000 lbs if its hooked up right. The lift arms on the tractor will lift a lot more than the boom pole is rated for. It was a $75 auction purchase. Only take a minute to hook up and take off. Come in handy for many things around the ranch.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Not mine. The daughter changed her hubs and LCA on the drivers side.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Isn't it cute after working on its own car?

I don't know about your kids, but my little girl isn't likely to be stranded on the roadside helpless for very long at all
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Searching for Mitsubishi mounts for a future g series swap

Anyone want to know more, search 'stick please'
                        Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-04-2014, 01:47 AM.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roygbiv View Post
                          Alright, so I'm (we're) bad at responding in a timely fashion. There is two of us, and we are both on here but aren't always great at replying in a timely fashion....
                          SO- we had a yellow 91 festiva (with a dog on it?) and the previous owner never changed the oil- SO.. we got a black 88.

It definitely wasn't today but we have in the past six months...

replaced left rear drum brake, starter, fuel filter, coolant temperature sensor, air filter, and the driver side door handle thanks to bravekozak

then we also really needed to replace the steering rack/box and successfully replaced with a 94 aspire.

two new tires- and most recently replaced the very necessary deer skull on the grill. its an 8-point now.

i feel guilty that i haven't kept up better seeing as people are so helpful here. I'll upload some pics tomorrow-- so thats it for now.

looking to do a similar turbo upgrade on the cheap like http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-My-B3-T-setup

thanks everyone.

here are photos! lookin good.
                          IMG_1753[1].jpg
                          IMG_1754.jpg
                          IMG_1756.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Roygbiv View Post
                            here are photos! lookin good.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15111[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15112[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15113[/ATTACH]
                            Imma say, I luv the custom grill!
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Roy. You need a gentle buff, starting with your hood. If you think it's too bad to buff, remove the hood and have it repainted. Buff the rest of the car. I repainted my hood, doors + hatch separately and you can hardly tell the difference.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 03-06-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Adjusted the base idle.

Can't seem to get it to go down to 700rpms. With the STI grounded I could get it that low, but as soon as I remove the ground and start the engine back up, it is up between 750-800, I re-ground the STI then start the engine it stays at 700. So I adjusted it down to 650 with the STI grounded to see if that would help, nope, with STI un-grounded it still idles at 750. Weird.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X