Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I installed a new window channel in the right door and a new hood strut in a friends white 92 GL Festiva.
    Charged him a total of $35 including parts. He's coming back next week and I will install a new window
    channel in his left door for $20. I had ordered the channels for him in the February group order.

Comment

• did some more on the festiva carb swap. have to tighten one more bolt and hook the choke wire up. ordering the air cleaner tomorrow, waiting on the title to come through in the mail and get it all registered and inspected! whoop!

Comment

• Put the rear struts in on Blue the other day. Had to cut out a notch in the round part of the lower end of the strut, cut the bolts on both ends and pulled the middle piece of the bolt out. Then cut the bottom end of the strut off.
        What a pain in the azz!
        New struts are on all around now and ready for some cruisen in Blue.
        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Pulled the silencer off the intake and plugged it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhli View Post
            Pulled the silencer off the intake and plugged it.
            What silencer? Are you talking about the reed valve assembly on a carb car?

Comment

• Replaced the radiator & fan in Squig. Now I think I have to replace the sensor in the thermostat housing because the fan stays on all the time!!

Also took Shadow over to Germantown Muffler and had him replace the whole exhaust from the down pipe to the rear. He removed that pesky catalytic converter and put in a flex pipe.
              Last edited by muleskinner; 05-09-2014, 08:40 PM.
              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Shadow still had one from the catalytic converter to nothing ..... it was plugged at the top ...... I guess from when someone converted it to a EFI from a carb.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  No what I believe he is talking about is the resonator chamber that is supposed to help quiet the intake noise, although I noticed no difference with or without it. Only on FI cars.
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Gave her a wash inside and out !

93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Nice car Skim!
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Today i got Zippys Rack re-built wheel bearings replaced and a front end alignment done. Also, i got some new Falken tires and cleaned up the engine bay.IMG_20140508_095611.jpgIMG_20140510_132656.jpg
                        LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Comment

• Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                          Nice car Skim!
                          Thanks fred!

Originally posted by 501Dezz19 View Post
                          Today i got Zippys Rack re-built wheel bearings replaced and a front end alignment done. Also, i got some new Falken tires and cleaned up the engine bay.[ATTACH=CONFIG]15530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15529[/ATTACH]

Nice Day of work dustin!
                          Last edited by skimsucka; 05-10-2014, 02:25 PM.
                          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Ooo nice!
                            1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                            2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Replaced the 2 nylon window grommets that hold the drivers window in the track.
                              It still tilts when raised.
                              I need the window channel run. It binds in the area where the outside mirror is.
                              Yes, I've used copious amounts of silicon spray. Don't help.
                              Please let me know when the next 4Green order is ready.
                              I'll get both Left & Right.
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• My driver's glass also tilts about 4" from the top.
                                My passenger glass does not tilt. Both doors have new inner and outer belt moldings + new glass channel runs + new nylon window grommets.
                                I believe something else is responsible for the issue.
                                For now, the window still goes up and down fine, even with the tilt.
                                It doesn't bother me, because I have a power winder and it straightens up when it gets to the top.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X