Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
    But you said you thought it might be a problem?

All good by man.. Sorry it happened to the better man in this situation..

I was only giving feedback cause I'd be shattered if it were me.. Spending all that money on a bumper to have that happen.. I'd be pissed actually.

Sent from the depths of hell.
    Let it go man, Damkid can't help being a jerk....
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Sounds like this thread is off topic....I didn't do anything to my Festiva today, but I will
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        How do you go about testing the ICM?
        I threw mine in the garbage and got a msd blaster coil lol
        Last edited by defprun; 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM.
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Sold my old daily driver, which was a bone stock 89 LX Automatic. Driving the B6T full-time again for now.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
            Let it go man, Damkid can't help being a jerk....
            Nope I can't, thanks for noticing

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Laughed at the Chris/Gary drama
              Then I picked my FE head up from the machine shop. Uuuuugh, labor was only a couple C-notes short of a new one from Kia. Oh well it was still cheaper and now I've got a tiny bit higher CR.
              Also, despite having a longitudinal layout and a much bigger engine bay, pulling the head is significantly harder than in a Festiva. The heater pipe runs across the intake side on the Sportage F-block instead of the exhaust side (which like the B is wiiiiide open) and they piled the battery, charcoal can, washer reservoir and main fusebox all into a somewhat small area, which also happens to be the area my arm needs to occupy to get at the lower intake bolts. And access to those are blocked by that heater pipe which is held on by, you guessed it, the very same intake bolts.
              At least I'll know my way around this engine really well when I go to pile it into the Festy.
              A neat thing I didn't know, these things use the same cam for dizzyless and dizzy ignition, they just get use the pin that would have spun the rotor as a tone ring for the CPS pickup. Every bit as smart and cheap as a Japanese design reverse-engineered by Koreans should be.
              Last edited by Tommychu; 04-29-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• ^Even the Japs used that design. The Miata uses a CAS in the dizzy hole. It outs the same CAS signal as the EFI Festiva dizzy plus another one for the ECU to pick which coil to fire.

EDIT: Sorry. Different design. I assumed.
                Last edited by sketchman; 04-29-2014, 08:35 PM.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Yeah this thing is just a plastic plate the same size as a Mazda dizzy with a fingertip-sized nub in it for the pickup, and two wires coming out. The holes aren't slotted like DIS Miata sensor either, since timing is 100% computer controlled anyway.
                  Last edited by Tommychu; 04-29-2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Put another speedo cable in mine. Skimsucka hooked it up! Thanks Rj.
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Tuned up Shadow today. New spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. It has been stalling out a lot lately & running to low on the idle. It runs like a champ again.

I also re-wired the headlight wire. My Headlights were turning off on there own while I was driving.
                      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• What do you mean rewired the headlight wire? My headlight connector tab broke, so I popped the terminals out of a junkyard connector and my bad one, Dremel wire wheeled them, and popped them back in.
                        I hope you didn't cut the wire.

Comment

• I went to a local junkyard here in El Paso and got an 89 festiva grill, an aspire rear axle, newer valve cover and fuel pressure regulator for my BP and a few other odds and ends plus the speedometer housing I needed for my 82 toyota cressida 20140503_120123.jpg 20140503_110629.jpg

Comment

• 20140503_110524.jpg toyota speedometer cable housing

Comment

• Oh and best part is I paid less then $90 for everything lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                                What do you mean rewired the headlight wire? My headlight connector tab broke, so I popped the terminals out of a junkyard connector and my bad one, Dremel wire wheeled them, and popped them back in.
                                I hope you didn't cut the wire.
                                When I first got Shadow. The person who owned it before me re-wired it from the battery to a switch he put on the dash. Well I ran the wire back to the switch on the steering column, but didn't fix the connection on the battery.
                                Well I put in a better connection with an inline fuse the other day.
                                Sorry I didn't explain that.
                                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X