Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
    Started painting my FE3N stuff:

I reckon Detroit Alpine Green is a good fit for the ridiculousness of this project, and the amount of oil this thing leaked before rebuild.
    Thats a sweet colour
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
      Thats a sweet colour
      Thanks. I wasn't even going to bother painting but the block is still hot tank fresh so I'd rather it didn't insta-rust. Also it's a good colour for finding leaks. Not that I anticipate any because I'm awesome at engines (haha ha ha hahaha) but better safe than sorry.

Comment

• Got my festiva able to fire up and move a foot after not running for 6months!! Still not drivable but heck I got the jitters hearing the 4 cylinders come to life through the straight pipes!
        1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
        R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
          Thanks. I wasn't even going to bother painting but the block is still hot tank fresh so I'd rather it didn't insta-rust. Also it's a good colour for finding leaks. Not that I anticipate any because I'm awesome at engines (haha ha ha hahaha) but better safe than sorry.
          Do you have a link to your build?
          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Just drained the ATF from my 5speed, and replaced it with synchromesh. Zanzer put it right when he described it as "butter." I had two white russians in me at fillup, so no test drive. Gonna let it sit overnight. I did fire it up and run it through the gears. Already feeling the difference.
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Replaced two burned fuses. The tangless replacement terminal on my second horn is too smooth and keeps slipping off and grounding when horn honk is initiated on lock. Note to self: find a new source for 1P AMP connectors. Every horn terminal and ignition coil ballast resistor terminal should be in a connector.
              My main problem is finding out why my windshield wiper pump won't work.
              Unfortunately, this is another case of Mazda using the same color wire as the barometric pressure transducer to the ignition control module. Blue/orange. I really hate when they use the same wire color twice.
              I removed the blue/orange wire to the BP sensor.
              The other wire should still be there. We will find out when I remove the battery and dig for it tomorrow. I remember since I installed an 89 carb harness in a 93, the connectors were different. The carb had a simple two position connector and the EFI washer pump had a four position connector. Nice. I sure hope I didn't fry the washer motor.
              The replacement plastic washer hose was unstretched. While I was pushing it onto the nozzle from below, the nozzle popped out, hit the windshield and bounced into the engine compartment from beneath the open hood. It did not hit the floor. It took me about fifteen minutes to locate it. Apparently, it had come to rest under the distributor, where the condensor would go. I do not have the condensor installed yet and was looking much lower.
              Next time, I will post an mp3 of my Festiva in panic mode with a Honda Spree horn. You will not believe how funny it sounds.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-01-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Gotta try that in the Capri I bought last week. Was that Redline product?
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                  Gotta try that in the Capri I bought last week. Was that Redline product?
                  The synchromesh? Pennzoil.
                  Ordered it online for instore pickup at advance auto. Used the code trt30 (thanks Russ) and saved 30%
                  Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                  Last edited by scitzz; 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM.
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• New Belt today..

Comment

• Started ordering parts for b6 rebuild, thought about spray painting my 323 chrome.
                      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                        Started ordering parts for b6 rebuild, thought about spray painting my 323 chrome.
                        Haha. Do it!
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                          Haha. Do it!
                          Im just reading to make sure it would be legal lol. I figure 8 cans of paint should about do it with plenty left over.
                          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Get a chrome wrap instead. Just in case you change your mind. Or, because you blinded the cops driving towards you, with the sun bouncing off your car. In Arizona, they outlawed polished stainless Jeep CJ-5 bodies from the Phillipines.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-02-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Lol I won't change my mind about it. I think it would be funny.

I should do it to an aspire and bring it to Roswell.
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Got pulled over in mine for speeding, but got off with a seatbelt ticket. :headbang:
                                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                                X