Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the rubber is too old to use.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Do you really need to have the trailing arm to body brackets from the Aspire to install the Aspire rear end? Because I would bet those bolts would be an absolute nightmare to undo, and if they break or strip out, you are absolutely $#@$ed. So I would prefer just to keep the festy ones on.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        Do you really need to have the trailing arm to body brackets from the Aspire to install the Aspire rear end? Because I would bet those bolts would be an absolute nightmare to undo, and if they break or strip out, you are absolutely $#@$ed. So I would prefer just to keep the festy ones on.
        On the Festiva the bolt that holds the axle beam to the left side bracket won't come out without either bending or removing the gas tank. When I pulled the Aspire axle for my car the three bolts for each bracket came out without too much trouble; just be sure to take along your 1/2" drive sockets etc.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          Do you really need to have the trailing arm to body brackets from the Aspire to install the Aspire rear end? Because I would bet those bolts would be an absolute nightmare to undo, and if they break or strip out, you are absolutely $#@$ed. So I would prefer just to keep the festy ones on.
          Yes, so much easier.
          If you break a bolt ,use one from the Festy.
          They are the same
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Today, had a brand new front windshield installed on my daughter's 91L. Looked for a good used one in a JY nearby but no luck.

FYI, cost was right about $210. Paid for it all out of pocket since I didn't own the car when the break / crack occured. Bummer. Need to do the same thing for a 93L I just bought. Sigh....
            Last edited by Twistiva; 06-25-2014, 10:41 PM.
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• My Festiva had a broken windshield when I bought it.
              My Festiva will only carry third party liability. The car and all the parts on it belong to me 100%. I got a windshield just down the street from the junkyard at an auto glass shop. He had an original PPG Festiva windshield that he was glad to finally get rid of for $75. I installed it myself. More importantly, my son saw how easy it was to install your own windshield on your own driveway. That kesson is worth a million bucks.
              Phone around. Someone's got one on their rack taking up space, but they are too busy to throw it out.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-26-2014, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday I installed the power mirrors that I bought from fstamand on Nellie (my 90 Yellow LPlus).
                fstamand sent them from Quebec to brave and brave sent them from Lewiston to me (Thanks very much!).
                I cleaned them up really good and them painted them with duplicolor satin black trim paint. They look and work great.
                No more reaching across and rolling down the window to adjust the passenger mirror...my wife especially appreciated this mod.

Comment

• ^ No close up(s) pic(s) ?
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Washed the festiva, fixed the driver side door leak, and bought paint for the bumpers. Door was bowed out on the top back due to locking my keys in and trying to use a crowbar to get in. Just opened the door, put my knee below the window opening, and pulled some. Now it doesnt fill the seat with water when i wash it. Plan on doing the bumpers saturday.
                    '91 Festiva
                    '69 F350 flatbed farm truck
                    '10 Equinox
                    '95 Suburban
                    '05 Vegas
                    '02 Vstar 650 bobber project

Comment

• I presume you had the glass rolled down when you bent it.
                      The Festiva uses simple lock rods. It is very easy to open without using a crowbar at the top of the door. I will make a post explaining the door latch operation.
                      I also recommend using Magic Eraser on the gray TPO (thermo plastic olefin) bumpers.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 06-27-2014, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Indeed. And we didnt have anything to grab the latch with and i was getting desperate. My wife ended up finding a spare key i forgot we had deep in a junk drawer.
                        '91 Festiva
                        '69 F350 flatbed farm truck
                        '10 Equinox
                        '95 Suburban
                        '05 Vegas
                        '02 Vstar 650 bobber project

Comment

• You don't have to "grab" it. I've used a flattened drinking straw I found in the parking lot at work when I came out the next morning and had locked mine inside. You just have to push it down.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Ive locked myself out plenty of times. I just pull up the weather stripping on the passenger side and use my index finger to push up on the lock.
                            91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                            06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• I have a flat mazda key cut for my car and in my wallet for if I lose/forget/lock my keys in my car.
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• I used a tab from a pop can (soda can?) once.
                                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Working...
                                X