Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idling issues

Originally posted by txranger14 View Post
    put my distributor back in, replaced thermostat, radiator and alternator belt. still wont idle right..
    What are the symptoms of the idling problems? Mine will idle sometimes and then it will only die when i let up....rather frustrating!!
    92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Walked away from the aspire/festiva scene.

Baby on the way, needed something more family appropriate.
      And if I was to make a car payment, no matter the cost, I wanted the same milage.

2009 Jetta sportwagen, tdi 6sp manual. 46mpg rolling on 4400#.

Scored it for $8200, put down 3500, financed the rest, 4 year , $140/month.

1 check is almost a year of payment. Heh.

I do have everything yet, 5 cars, 4 or 5 engines, few roller heads, 4 gearboxes, ignition and drive train, wheels, etc etc , that Frankenstein head mill job, that still runs strong to this day, and lot of extra stuff. Blah blah.

When I get a inventieoru of things I'll get a feeler posted.

Don't worry fellow aspire and festvia'ers I won't let the treasures get pancaked.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
      Last edited by Pu241; 09-02-2014, 03:04 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

• Finally replaced the rack and pinion on my 88 with one from a 91. No more clunks over bumps. New outer tied rods with grease fittings are nice too.
        93 GL

Comment

• Took a photo of it!

91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
          06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
            Thems' some hillbilly's right there. lol I was wondering when I'd see Paul wearing suspenders again
            Who is yew callin' a hillibilly!
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Nothing today really.

But have made up my mind that I want a sport bike, had the idea rattling around in my head for a while, and doing more research into it I would think it would be allot of fun to get a cheap used Ninja 250R, or 500R since they are said to be really good beginners bikes, so learning on one would be a great experience, and have always liked the look of them. Sport bikes are really the only bikes that I think look good, most everything else just looks boring IMO.

Also they seem pretty cheap, at $1k-$1500 for a decent used one. Granted I could get another decent Festy for that, but I just want something a little more sporty, and more modern, while also giving me some fun the Festy couldn't give. (Festys are fun to drive, don't get me wrong, bikes just can do more.)
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-02-2014, 07:29 PM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Nothing today really.

But have made up my mind that I want a sport bike, had the idea rattling around in my head for a while, and doing more research into it I would think it would be allot of fun to get a cheap used Ninja 250R, since they are said to be really good beginners bikes, so learning on one would be a great experience, and have always liked the look of them. Sport bikes are really the only bikes that I think look good, most everything else just looks boring IMO.

I also figure the smaller engine of the 250R over more powerful spec'd Ninjas would be better on gas mileage, and would be better on gas going to work than the Festy during the warm months, because most of my drive to work is stop lights, last tank where the most miles went to going to work, I only got 30MPG, of course that was also with the a/c on.

Also they seem pretty cheap, at $1k-$1500 for a decent used one. Granted I could get another decent Festy for that, but I just want something a little more sporty, and more modern, while also giving me some fun the Festy couldn't give. (Festys are fun to drive, don't get me wrong, bikes just can do more.)
                This is my SYM RV 250 scooter. Picture was taken when I rode the Dragon a few years back. I commute on this back and forth to work and G-dine and I go for rides. It's a blast and this one gets an average 65 mpg. It has a Honda engine and it cost me in 2008 $4500. The weird thing about this is the ODO keeps rolling back at around 6500 miles. lol!
                Last edited by muleskinner; 09-02-2014, 07:41 PM.
                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Finished replacing the BP in my car. The one that was in it (if useable) will be getting sent out for a full performance rebuild. The one that went in was a complete stock rebuild. It is much quieter and a whole lot smoother. This car will be coming up for sale in the next couple weeks or so.

I had to replace one of the injector seals. Upon rebuilding one of them ripped and was squirting fuel all over. $5 for a Fel-Pro set from Auto Zone and it now runs great. I also ordered new tires for the Daisies which will be going on the BP car.
                  -Bryant

Comment

Nothing today really.

But have made up my mind that I want a sport bike, had the idea rattling around in my head for a while, and doing more research into it I would think it would be allot of fun to get a cheap used Ninja 250R, or 500R since they are said to be really good beginners bikes, so learning on one would be a great experience, and have always liked the look of them. Sport bikes are really the only bikes that I think look good, most everything else just looks boring IMO.

I learned on a road bike. Worse idea ever.

Pavement is misleading. It will never force the understanding of balance.

Dirt bike in sugar sand. Only way to truthfully and fully understand how a bike will handle.

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                      This is my SYM RV 250 scooter. Picture was taken when I rode the Dragon a few years back. I commute on this back and forth to work and G-dine and I go for rides. It's a blast and this one gets an average 65 mpg. It has a Honda engine and it cost me in 2008 $4500. The weird thing about this is the ODO keeps rolling back at around 6500 miles. lol!
                      When I get a Ninja I will definitely have to go out there sometime, it does seem like an absolute blast!

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                      I learned on a road bike. Worse idea ever.

Pavement is misleading. It will never force the understanding of balance.

Dirt bike in sugar sand. Only way to truthfully and fully understand how a bike will handle.

Not a big fan of dirt bikes. Though if given a choice between a Harley, and a Dirt Bike, and if I couldn't sell it, I would probably choose the dirt bike.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-02-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• It's not what kind of bike it is. It's how sloppy squishy squirrley sand forces the understanding of center of balance, and how to successfully correct an ugly situation , and pavement is extremely misleading in that aspect.

You're F'ed the first time you take a paved curve with gravel sprinkled everywhere, with zero experience on a bike.

Unfortunately that's not taught first hand, and impossible to express with cones in a parking lot.

Good luck.

Last edited by jason_; 09-02-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                          It's not what kind of bike it is. It's how sloppy squishy squirrley sand forces the understanding of center of balance, and how to successfully correct an ugly situation , and pavement is extremely misleading in that aspect.

You're F'ed the first time you take a paved curve with gravel sprinkled everywhere, with zero experience on a bike.

Unfortunately that's not taught first hand, and impossible to express with cones in a parking lot.

Good luck.

I understand what you are saying. But I kinda live in the middle of Ohio, hundreds of miles away from the nearest beach.

Comment

• Originally posted by txranger14 View Post
                            put my distributor back in, replaced thermostat, radiator and alternator belt. still wont idle right..
                            You removed and replaced the distributor. Have you double checked the firing order? 1342 ccw from 1 (closest to your face standing in front of the car.

From the driver's side fender view
                            1 2
                            3 4
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                              You removed and replaced the distributor. Have you double checked the firing order? 1342 ccw from 1 (closest to your face standing in front of the car.

From the driver's side fender view
                              1 2
                              3 4
                              Ahem. I do think it is 1342 when facing the disty, CCW
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. But I kinda live in the middle of Ohio, hundreds of miles away from the nearest beach.
                                My first motorized bike ride was on pavement. It was a DIY thing, but would do 35mph and that was just sprocket limited. Anyway, the first time I rode it the rear sprocket locked up and thus the rear wheel locked up, and I was going downhill, on wet pavement. And when that happens, 35 is fast enough.

Tail came out and turned very sideways. Maybe it helped that I had always been in the dirt before that on pedal bikes. Maybe it depends on the person too, and the fact it was such a light weight thing. IDK. I didn't lay it down. Slid all the way down the hill sideways straightened it out and stopped.

So practice in the dirt first at least? Maybe it'll help.
                                Last edited by sketchman; 09-03-2014, 05:56 AM.
                                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                                X