Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But I kinda live in the middle of Ohio, hundreds of miles away from the nearest beach.
    Oh, sorry. Wasn't aware dnr prohibits riding on state land/trails in Ohio. I do all my playing around on desginated orv routes. I hate beach sand, that's a paddle tire thing for best results.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
    Last edited by jason_; 09-03-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
      Oh, sorry. Wasn't aware dnr prohibits riding on state land/trails in Ohio. I do all my playing around on desginated orv routes. I hate beach sand, that's a paddle tire thing for best results.

So , What did you do to your Festiva ?
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        Ahem. I do think it is 1342 when facing the disty, CCW
        Yeah.. then I typed it up pictorially. Going counter clockwise from one, the order is correct.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
          My first motorized bike ride was on pavement. It was a DIY thing, but would do 35mph and that was just sprocket limited. Anyway, the first time I rode it the rear sprocket locked up and thus the rear wheel locked up, and I was going downhill, on wet pavement. And when that happens, 35 is fast enough.

Tail came out and turned very sideways. Maybe it helped that I had always been in the dirt before that on pedal bikes. Maybe it depends on the person too, and the fact it was such a light weight thing. IDK. I didn't lay it down. Slid all the way down the hill sideways straightened it out and stopped.

So practice in the dirt first at least? Maybe it'll help.
          Yeah, I have ridden mountain bikes in the past quite allot before I was able to drive. Rode both on, and off pavement, for whatever that is worth for road bikes.

I know I am probably going to have a few spills, but that is why you wear protective gear, and ride a cheap used sport bike.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• nothing to the car yet i plan on spraying it dark blue and steelies ice white. i was going to keep it red
            Still searching for a decent 5spd festy! ):

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
              So , What did you do to your Festiva ?
              Originally posted by jason_ View Post
              Walked away from the aspire/festiva scene.

Baby on the way, needed something more family appropriate.
              And if I was to make a car payment, no matter the cost, I wanted the same milage.

2009 Jetta sportwagen, tdi 6sp manual. 46mpg rolling on 4400#.

Scored it for $8200, put down 3500, financed the rest, 4 year , $140/month.

1 check is almost a year of payment. Heh.

I do have everything yet, 5 cars, 4 or 5 engines, few roller heads, 4 gearboxes, ignition and drive train, wheels, etc etc , that Frankenstein head mill job, that still runs strong to this day, and lot of extra stuff. Blah blah.

When I get a inventieoru of things I'll get a feeler posted.

Don't worry fellow aspire and festvia'ers I won't let the treasures get pancaked.

Comment

• Replaced the front strut assemblies on Bessie (330,000 Plus miles) with ones that look like new.
                They came from a low miles Festiva that I found at LKQ last year.
                Sits slightly higher in the front now and there is a noticeable difference in the ride and handling.

Also replaced the brake line clips with stainless steel ones that I got from bravekozak last year.
                (I'm in the South so the old ones were only slightly rusted.)
                Last edited by 1990new; 09-03-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• when I get bored I make intake manifolds for my cars.

Comment

• woop

festiva 3.jpgfestiva 1.jpgfestiva 2.jpgi know its a crappy job but at least it is now one-2 colors! spray paint job! 10$
                    Still searching for a decent 5spd festy! ):

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      when I get bored I make intake manifolds for my cars.
                      WOW.....:tearyeyed:...(because mine looks so bad)
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Hit 5 grand this morning on the way to work. Breaking in the rebuilt BP.
                        -Bryant

Comment

• ^ nice, painted some bumpers and adjusted carb
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Sweet looking intake!
                            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Cussed it ....
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Oil change. Also noticed that autozone started carrying drain plugs with magnets, that or I just noticed that they did carry them. lol

Bought one for $4

Also, was curious, and decided to flip through the 1993 Festiva Owner's manual I snagged from the glovebox of a junkyard car a while back. I noticed that they actually recommend oil changes every 7,500 miles, or every 6 months, and that they only recommend the 3k intervals if you haul heavy loads, idle allot, stop in go in traffic on hot days, and do less than 10 miles a day in below freezing temps. Granted this is for the B3, while I have a B6, but since they are almost identical engines being a first gen B6, I figure the same would apply.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X