No announcement yet.

Is Festiva Motorsports still alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All it would take to run him into the ground is someone that is good at selling stuff. I've been on his site and i know the rules of the game on how to sell stuff. I've been doing it for a long time now and it wouldn't take much but a little know how to start ur own bis on selling parts. The only problem someone would have is the up front money. If it was me what i would do is spend a few hundred on junk cars pull them apart and take pics and sell them. If you where to get 5 cars and spend a grand on getting them with the hard to find donor cars out there u can take one car and make 500 or more. With all the festiva guys out there looking for parts to restore the festys it would't take to long to make ur money back. This is what i would do if i was to sell parts just to get off the ground and get an account with someone for new parts.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmerkur View Post
      I was just wondering if Festiva Motorsports is still up and running? Has anyone delt with them?

Thanks,

Jeff
      I called and left a message last Tuesday about ordering a part and my call has not been returned.

Comment

The thing you guys are forgetting about ANY business is that Success is in the eye of the owner. Not all business owners have the desire to make millions of dollars nor the desire to work hard enough to do so. I know quite a few business owners and many of them do not want the extra effort required to do an internet addition to it. What they have now is good enough for them. Maybe Roger is happy doing things the way he currently is. It may not be for everyone but maybe it is good for him. Leave well enough alone. There is nothing I hate more than someone telling someone else how to run their business. Simple enough to live by "if you don't like it go somewhere else". Obviously the owners of FMS are content with doing things they way they have been for quite some time now.
        -Bryant

Comment

Can't argue with that, Gomez. If he's happy that's really all that counts.

My "free advice" was to help make all the rest of us happy, too! :p

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            Can't argue with that, Gomez. If he's happy that's really all that counts.

My "free advice" was to help make all the rest of us happy, too! :p

Karl
            Ya I wouldn't be happy if I got crappy service. And I believe majority of us got crappy service.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
              The thing you guys are forgetting about ANY business is that Success is in the eye of the owner. Not all business owners have the desire to make millions of dollars nor the desire to work hard enough to do so. I know quite a few business owners and many of them do not want the extra effort required to do an internet addition to it. What they have now is good enough for them.
              I understand what you are saying, but that really is no way to run a business. You can only ride the status quo fence for so long before you have to [crap] or get kicked off the pot.

Comment

Did a member here win the auction?

Comment

That'd be me!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Still no answer on the "rare" cruise control cable That Roger has on the Bay.

I asked for the part numbers in the picture. Maybe Mr. horseplay has the part number list for the Festiva cruise control kit?
                    I am not sure if that cable will work.
                    You sounded unsure about it here. Wouldn't expect false advertising from FMS though...I plan to use it with the stock 5-speed.

btw thanks for bringing the item to my attention

Comment

Roger never answered my question about the part number of the items, so I didn't bid.
                      If you can't get the speedometer cable to work, I'll buy it off of you.
                      Make sure you read over the brochure for all of the other parts you will need.

Good luck.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

haha Now you want it. I was kinda surprised that there were no other bidders. I bought the intermittent wiper stalk with cruise quite some time ago now intending on picking this up. I will let you know if it somehow doesn't work for me, but it sure better! It won't be seeing use until Raltiva is on the road though... V V V

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          I asked for the part numbers in the picture. Maybe Mr. horseplay has the part number list for the Festiva cruise control kit?
                          I am not sure if that cable will work.
                          The instruction manual for the cruise does not contain any part numbers. And the kit itself does not come with another cable. I can send you a copy of the install instructions if you'd like.
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Is Roger OK?

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
                            I've tried many times to contact them, never have been successful.
                            via phone, email, ebay
                            I wonder if Roger is OK. Has something happened we don't know about?

Over the years I have bought 3 new engines and many other parts from Roger and I had only one little mix-up on one order and he fixed that right away.

I appreciate the customer service he has provided to me.
                            I understand what everyone is talking about relating the efficiency of his marketing, however, has anyone here had any luck getting Festiva parts from the very efficient and highly profit centered Ford Motor Co??
                            Just my 2cents.

Comment

Working...
                            X