No announcement yet.

0-60 times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to run my white festy (when it was auto) at around 80, but at those speeds you were turning in excess of 4 grand lol. Thats why the rev happy BPs are great with the festy 5-speed, as long you don't go over 85 all you need is 1, 2, and 3 don't have to worry bout those lousy 4th and 5th gears Lol
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
      I have driven 3 stock carbed festys that were unreasonably quick. one of them got 29 mpg in town run hard. I'd say 8.5 would be reasonable to expect from an unusually quick yet stock festy especially if it was gutted. 10.5 is the normal stock 5 speed festy time.
      I've noticed that the carbs seem to have a little more juice as well. My old '88LX was definitely quicker than the other (EFI) ones I've had over the years. And I'm actually enjoying driving the wife's carb'd auto, seems to do much better than when the same trans was in the EFI car. Still gotta get the kickdown switch wired in, it takes it a while to finally figure out just from the vacuum that it needs to downshift when you're climbing one of these big long GA mountain roads, but other than that I like it.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I climbed big interstate Virginia mountains at 75 in my auto 93. GPS said I topped at 99 mph.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
        X