Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off road/ winter beater project suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Subaru DL hatchback that could climb walls, got great mileage in 2 wheel ,pull a lever and 4x4 low or high ,plenty of power ,and came with a rubber plug under the back seat where you put the factory lug wrench to raise or lower the suspention for off road use. Great car till my boy got T-boned by a Drunk in a truck.
    Donn

Comment

Festiva=SUV=small utility vehicle

Mike just get a beater festy and put some rally wheels and lots of lights on it. It should go into the woods pretty good too.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^^ heeey ya, Mike you still got that big stack of lights? Put those on your winter beater! I do plan to use a Festiva for a winter driver myself eventually. That's what Raltiva will be for.

Comment

i have thought of getting another festiva and i know they are good in snow and with aspire suspension to give a mini lift and some off road-ish tires it could go a few places but i think a stock tracker/sidekick in 2wd could go the same places as the festiva and even more... never mind when you put it in 4x4... and if i stick a 2 inch lift on it witrh some better tires it will do just fine for the places i want to go...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
            Banana, I'd love to see pics of that 300 in the Ranger. I was considering a 300 for a project in the past but sold it.
            Done. Click on thumbnail for bigger version.

Comment

Get a ford escape xlt

Comment

older f 150
                300 I6
                4x4
                stick

Best trucks ever
                Proud owner of Casper

Comment

^^^ I have a 96 5spd 300 inline 6. 2x4
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Banana Bonanza View Post
                    Done. Click on thumbnail for bigger version.

this is now my wall paper, i have been looking everywhere for someone who actually put a 300 in a ranger everybody said it couldn't be done with out serious firewall modification, i'm now going to buy another 300 for my truck but its gonna be a street truck with either a huge static drop or bags.

i seriously almost went the 302 route but not anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X