No announcement yet.

Nuts and Bolts! Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you get a selection of T bolt clamps, some of the guys might like them for a dress up feature
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
      can you get a selection of T bolt clamps, some of the guys might like them for a dress up feature
      Yes sir I can
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
        But the 10.9 (or grade 8 ) will definitely be necessary for the higher stress stuff like suspension, but will be zinc plated so will still be decently protected.
        Or you can use AuVeCo to get the ones with the correct coating. They sell to Fastenal, but not the general public. I think they only sell box-quantity as well.

BTW, most off-the-shelf bolts & nuts aren't supposed to be used on suspension. The bolts may be the same grade, but there is more to suspension bolts than the grade. They have special threads (forgot the name for them) & the nuts are usually (non-nylon) locknuts, which are purposely distorted (to prevent backing out completely by being "tight" the whole way)....just pointing out some of the issues, since liability should be a concern.

But again, AuVeCo has the correct stuff for automobiles & they supply Fastenal.

Comment

Working...
        X