No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting a road bike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the cops are like in Monroe, but a group of folks on sportbikes got busted for only going a few mph over on the highway, like everyone else, but those bikes draw the eyes of bored cops
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I'm pretty good about only going about 5 over in anything I drive or ride. I don't want any tickets and drive really well for how young I am, I'm pretty responsible.

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
      91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I've got a little cruiser that I'm pretty happy with. Single 650, nice torque, gets up and moves as fast as I need it to, and it gets a lot of looks (and, it was <$5k)

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I think motorcycles are dangerous and wouldn't drive one myself. However, my dad just restored a '75 Triumph and it's legit. I'll post some pics next time I see him.
          Amazing Amanda

Comment

I dont see Festiva's being too far off of Street bikes IMO. Neither have air bags, neither weigh very much, so I'll just have both lol.

Comment

nah man dont go crotch rocket. get yourself a nice volcan or yamaha stryker. comfortable, can put a radio on them, and 85-90mpg

Comment

Oh I'm getting a crotch rocket for sure my buddy has a Harley and so does his girlfriend so I have to stand out. I'm more of a sporty lookin ride type of guy and I want to go fast. Haha

Comment

Well, here she is Just bought it today!

Comment

what, no 'bussa!?
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Nope! I am a die hard suzuki hater haha It was either Kawi or Yamaha

Comment

Please don't be an idiot and mess up that beautiful machine! I have a 89 cbr600 it's like factory fresh never set it down. It was my first bike when I was 18 I know how you feel. Wheelies are fun but not worth it. Your gonna miss that dirt bike. As soon as you realize that you can't do anything fun on a street bike cause everything is controlled. And in the dirt there are no rules.
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

[/QUOTE]

What is this? Ktm? It has a funky head on it.
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                            Please don't be an idiot and mess up that beautiful machine! I have a 89 cbr600 it's like factory fresh never set it down. It was my first bike when I was 18 I know how you feel. Wheelies are fun but not worth it. Your gonna miss that dirt bike. As soon as you realize that you can't do anything fun on a street bike cause everything is controlled. And in the dirt there are no rules.
                            I didn't sell my dirtbike saved up money and bought this for 1600, needs tires, turn signals, and since the fairings are all beat it came with a whole brand new set of them all around the bike. Already primered and ready for whatever color I want wheelie aren't for me, I'm not the show off type of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                              Nope! I am a die hard suzuki hater haha It was either Kawi or Yamaha
                              Ha!
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Why you laugh? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X