Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip it! Zip it Good!

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

I would do that in case of emergency.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

haaa....thats awesome....hope you do not leave it like that though.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

If it gets you home, I am all for it.
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

nice engineering!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Wow!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I am surprised that worked...reminds me of my thermostat housing gasket that I cut out from an ice cream bucket lid
              Ford Fester

Comment

I zipped it once..it was NOT good!:blob6:
                Jeremy.S
                1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
                1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
                1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

Pretty cool, I have a funny story.
                  One time the driveshaft carrier bearing blew out on a Chevrolet Pick up I was driving and the driveshaft started doing the watusi as I rolled to a stop. (3 u-joint shaft)
                  Took two long furnace type zip ties and supported the drive shaft up to each frame rail in a Wye formation and drove home.
                  Upon removal the drive shaft was nice and shiny but the nylon zip strips showed no wear.

Comment

Pantyhose has always been recommended for an emergency belt repair, but what if a company brought out a specifically designed emergency belt (with a small range of sizes perhaps) that could be quickly zipped into place to get you home or to a shop?

It could be made out of more applicable materials and sized thicker to fill up the pulley width.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                      what if a company brought out a specifically designed emergency belt (with a small range of sizes perhaps) that could be quickly zipped into place to get you home or to a shop?

It could be made out of more applicable materials and sized thicker to fill up the pulley width.

Karl
                      This concept has existed for years in the Industrial market. Fenner Manheim markets "PowerTwist" which is a segmented link type belt made from Urethane. You must buy it in a specific section (like A, B, etc.) but you can make any length you want by adding/subtracting links. It works great and even outperforms/outlasts regular v-belts.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Whats the story behind that driverone ? Real emergency, how long did it last, etc ?
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I doubt there is a story behind it that anyone here knows... it was pulled from a website called "ThereIFixedIt.com" Pretty funny stuff on there too lol.
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            Pantyhose has always been recommended for an emergency belt repair, but what if a company brought out a specifically designed emergency belt (with a small range of sizes perhaps) that could be quickly zipped into place to get you home or to a shop?

Karl
                            Here is a couple, there is more out there. Had one rolling around in the trunk of a mustang once for a few years, never did get to use it.

http://safetycentral.com/fanbelrepkit.html

http://safetycentral.com/emfanbelkit.html
                            Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                            1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Had a friend of mine tell me this yesterday. Him and his friend took there festiva out mudding one day and hit a jump and got good air. When they landed it busted the driver side axle well to get home they used about 200 zip ties said the axle was about as big as a fat mans arm lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X