No announcement yet.

Should I purchase an Aspire for $600.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW you want an E series trans, not a G. have you tried to drive it in 4th or 5th yet? what exactly happens?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      BTW you want an E series trans, not a G. have you tried to drive it in 4th or 5th yet? what exactly happens?
      Good morning Festboy. The tranny is making metal. Drained the fluid, its toast. Checked the bushings on the shifter. And they weren't that bad. The guy I got it from was huge.Had to be 6'3 250 lbs. I have visions of him getting pissed at this thing and just cramming that shifter. Both front coil springs are broken into pieces. And the motor mounts are junk. If the motor is sagging thats gonna put stress on the diff right? Think thats what could have trashed it? BTW I have a used E series that I'm cleaning up for the Aspire. It feels very smooth when you rotate the input shaft.And smooth in various gears. I'm thinking about splitn the case just to see whats inside. I could post pics.Its a $100.00 tranny so I guess I shouldn't be all to optimistic.Its def not the orig tranny from his festy cuz its got the tell tale yellow "Paint Pen" markings of a junk yard purchase. Anyway don't I want a G series for durability reasons? I know they aren't a direct bolt it,but I can work through that. I have a tendency to push cars to they're limit. Sometimes a little to hard. Thanks for checking up on me btw-Thomas
      Last edited by nitrofarm; 05-15-2011, 06:57 AM.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

UPDATE 180K & Pulling strong

Hey guys just thought I'd give some good news.I registered this basket case the first week of July. I have since logged 30k on it. The motor is rock solid so I've been using Mobil One. At about 7 K the oil starts to break down & starts leaking a little from either the front main or Cam Seal.It sure doesnt use any oil thats for sure. But this is my first 1.3 and I'm quite pleased. I had 94 EGT back in the day.And I cant say anything bad about it as well.

Comment

If I might ask, How do you get the JY to pick up the Aspire without the suspention on it? after the conversion is done. That is my fear.
          thx
          91 Festiva, BP, auto
          69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

just install the old festy stuff so it rolls

Originally posted by 71Montego View Post
            If I might ask, How do you get the JY to pick up the Aspire without the suspention on it? after the conversion is done. That is my fear.
            thx
            Thats what I would do.Otherwise cut it up.

Comment

Working...
            X