delayed wiper info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delayed wiper info

So i bought a delayed wiper set up off Gomez, installed it and waited in full hopes that it worked( not as in i didn't think it was a good part). Is it the norm for the intermittent to only stop for a micro second? It is the fastest delayed wiper ive ever seen. Did i do something wrong in the install? Is there a way to slow it down more?
    I KNOW...

What's it off of? Is it adjustable delay or one-speed delay?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It's a factory orange Festiva delayed wiper. Just seems way fast for a delayed set up

I KNOW...
      I KNOW...

Comment

OK, it's a one-speed. That should go off about every six seconds.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Donnie, measure the time between swipes and let us know. Just estimate based upon "one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two," etc. if you don't have a timer.

"Microsecond" sounds to me like a continuous wiper mode.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i know all about wipres on crack. i dont have an intermittent switch but mine goes nuts! it looks like a blade of a cieling fan when they are on...

Comment

if Im lucky i can count to 1000-1! i hear a click as in off, than right back on. Its crazy fast delay

will the 626 delayed wiper set up work, so i can control the delay time?
              Last edited by donnie316; 05-12-2011, 06:51 AM. Reason: more info
              I KNOW...

Comment

My wifes car does the same. I haven't looked into it yet, but if I figure it out I'll let you know. But yes, goes down, click-off, click-on, goes again, all very quickly.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

The module must be screwy. Try replacing it.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I just bought it! I'm looking at doing the 626 swap

I KNOW...
                    I KNOW...

Comment

Working...
                    X