Future Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockin86ranger View Post
    yeah but you never hear anybody say "i love my aveo i'll never sell it" lol so i think that takes it out of the question, plus the whole ford vs chevy thing. even though it is a daewoo you have to consider that ford and chevy are enemies.

i guess the new fiat 500 could work but its a little to early to tell
    I doubt in '88 people said "i love my Festiva, i'll never sell it'' I don't think it was marketed as that kind of vehicle (not a beloved F150).
    I think it was more of a first car out of college, or get Grandma a small cheap car she can give to grandkids thing
    Last edited by bastille10; 05-14-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bastille10 View Post
      I doubt in '88 people said "i love my Festiva, i'll never sell it'' I don't think it was marketed as that kind of vehicle (not a beloved F150).
      I think it was more of a first car out of college, or get Grandma a small cheap car she can give to grandkids thing
      i beg to differ, there are a lot of festivas still on there original owners, clearly people where loving it back then to

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
      Fiat 500? Surely you jest.

F = Fix
      I = It
      A = Again,
      T = Tony!

I speak from experience with a brand-new-in-the-box Fiat 128 SL. Every replacable part needed replacing every 20,000 miles -- CV joints, wheel bearings, brakes, clutch cable, tires, valves, valve guides, timing belt, fan motor, cat, ball joints, tie rod ends, ad nauseum. Even supposedly non-consumable parts like the front seats and the seat belts wore out at 50,000. After 90,000 miles of such nonsense, I just couldn't take it anymore, and sold it to Dino and Laselo (my mechanics) for $200.

I used the proceeds to buy a 500,000-mile Volvo PV544 and drove it another quarter million miles with minimal problems.
      i'm only 18 but being as big into cars as i am i know where you are coming from, but fiat now is a very high quality brand. They have improved greatly since the 70s/80s and are considered one of the best companies in europe

Comment

Agreed about the Fiat. Different car then the 70's/80's. Dealership/ Parts/Service/ will be critical. MINI was able to do it.

The Italian vs. American sensibilities about cars should be interesting (design & speed vs. dependability).
        Last edited by bastille10; 05-15-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
          In tehran or iran our cars were made up into the 2000's I believe? Dont hold me to that but there is a article around here somewhere about that. I think the fiesta is the new festiva in my opinion.
          indeed the "Fiesta" is a new version of the festiva according to ford, but in Iran the construction of new "festiva" based on the car you already have ... and i had commented earlier about the new fesiva, here in Venezuela the president brought these vehicles, here called "Turpiales", and although I could not get one for myself I'm still in search of one ..

here I leave a link where you can see photos of the car .. The site is in Spanish but are the characteristics of the car.
          if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

Turpial looks great! I really like that dash. Now if only we could get that stateside... As far as cars we can get, Kia Rio base model seems pretty close.
            91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
            92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
            95 Grand Prix SE DD
            Wife's Stuff:
            89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
            97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
            Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Turpial looks like a mix between a festy and a KH laser HAHA

Comment

I really like the car because his whole essence is a festive, even with the same engine and same disribucion

XD

other photos that got over there in line

if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

Working...
                X