Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, it looks like the rear axle is bent. Aspire time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started on the rear end swap at lunch, got to the point I needed a 10mm line wrench, which I didn't own, so off to a local wholesale tool place. Got one for $6 and got back in time to go back to work. After 5 I started again, I somehow managed not to drain the WHOLE brake fluid reservoir on the nice concrete parking lot (gotta take kitty litter tomorrow) and she's back down on all fours. Still have to bleed the brakes, might go to the alley for that.

Ordered a timing kit from RockAuto today (thanks for the code) and got the last Haynes manual they had. Should be here by Monday I think. I'll install it next week. Then maybe FINALLY it can come home.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

so i post an ad on my local craigslist for a parts car for its A/C......

I said I would give $100 for a car that had all its A/C parts and possibly more the better shape the car is in. I get a reply from a guy with 3, 88, 89, & 91. All need a little work as he doesn't drive them regularly, not sure if the A/C works or not. $2500 for all three!!!

Now maybe that's a good deal, but for parts cars?!?
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
        I somehow managed not to drain the WHOLE brake fluid reservoir on the nice concrete parking lot (gotta take kitty litter tomorrow) and she's back down on all fours. Still have to bleed the brakes, might go to the alley for that.
        Make yourself a homemade DIY brake bleeder jar and you wont lose any brake fuild on the parking lot or the alley. Helps determine when all the air is out of the systems too.

sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I usually put a hose on and run it to a can, bottle or jar, but it still usually leaks down past the threads.

Nice heavy rain this morning, washed the fluid away it looks like.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
            I usually put a hose on and run it to a can, bottle or jar, but it still usually leaks down past the threads.

Nice heavy rain this morning, washed the fluid away it looks like.

Smear some grease around the bleeder threads before you loosen it. Keeps it from leaking and also keeps air from sucking back in before you can tighten it back up.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
            X