No announcement yet.

Crazzzzzzzzzzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true. The Corvette is the closest thing that you can get to a racecar for under $100k. Considering a lot of people can afford a $50k car, it's quite the thrill.

Waiting to "behold the power" of Ra...:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
      Yeah but if you are talking about having a reliable, streetable supercar, that is the CHEAPEST option and close to THE BEST performance numbers. And if you are in the market for a Carrera GT or Ferrari 360 or any of the other thousand supercars, this is the smallest investment and probably the most subdued you are going to find. Also, if you can even get a Festiva to run an 11.20 it most certainly won't be streetable nor reliable.

I do realize that either way it would be expensive to upkeep and insure but if you are looking at supercars it is a few pennies. FYI, just to change the oil on a Ferrari Enzo it is $6,000... I guess it all depends what you find expensive...
      i disagree that this would be the "cheapest" super car, it certainly is cheaper than most high performance stock cars, but like i said before you could make a faster Festiva that is just as reliable with quite a bit less money; honestly, for 70,000 bones think of what you could do to a $500 dollar car. you can't say its wouldnt be "streetable" or reliable, because for that money you could make it streetable and reliable and get away with far less insurance
      -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

Perhaps, but you'd be stupid to dump $70k into a Festiva.

Waiting to "behold the power" of Ra...:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by wantahertzdonut
          Perhaps, but you'd be stupid to dump $70k into a Festiva.
          first of all, i said a fraction of 70k; as it would not take NEARLY this amount to make a super speedy, yet reliable and streetable festy... secondly i dont think it would be stupid at all, i for one would love to see a z06 get whooped by a festy, it would be well worth the 20k or so. besides... what kind of festiva ethusiast with the money to burn on a z06 would actually buy one instead of a fleet of suped up festys?
          -Taylor

Comment

Perhaps publicly judging someone else as being stupid is even more stupid than their original thought. :?:

This is a Festiva board.. not a Corvette board.. and certainly not a Chevy board.. so who the hell cares about a Z06 here anyways.. Not me.. as far as I'm concerned they're for old bald guys who can't get laid.. or rich twits that never worked a REAL day in their lives.. Noone here could afford one and if they could, they wouldn't be here very long.. you might as well be talking about traveling through space.. none of you will do it and if you did you surely wouldn't come back here to talk about it..

Comment

i have a neighbor with a vette... he is balding.
              -Taylor

Comment

Here's Ford's response, yea it cost more money but who cares we can't afford either one!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

$6k for an oil change on an Enzo? What do you have to do, rebuild the fuckin top end when it comes time to change the oil??
                  GT

Comment

i think it it was 6k id change the oil myself
                    -Taylor

Comment

Actually I looked it up, $700 for an oil change, $6000 for brake pads... -Kyle
                      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

nerts to that, i'm sure a little 5w30 wouldn't hurt it

Comment

Working...
                        X