Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to buy a festiva...what do I need to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD charges tax on a minimum value of $650. And, if a vehicle Blue-Books for say $20k, and you get it for $17k, you pay tax on $20k value. Welcome to fascist Maryland.....
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I'm not sure what the DMV lists a 92 Festiva for, but if you put away a $100 you should be good for sure. I had rescued a '90 Nissan pickup from a farm field after sitting for 9 years and I had to shell out $75 for that. The DMV said it was worth $2K.

I thought KS was the only state that did this, but I guess others get the big shaft too! :puke:

Post a pic of your ride if you get it!
      Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

In Mo. you have to get a sales form now from the DMV just to sell a car.
        Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Comment

WA gets you other ways

WA is greedy. Besides the $200 min value, if you don't re-title what you bought within 15 days of the date of purchase, they assess a $57 penalty. On top of all this, the sales tax rate in urban areas is close to 9%. If you're buying a Festy for parts, it's very hard to get anybody to haul the shell hauled away if you haven't titled it. You can easily end up spending more than you paid for the car for titling and hauling, even without ever registering.
          88L black, dailydriver
          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
          4 88/89 disassembled
          91L green
          91GL aqua pwrsteer
          92GL red a/c reardmg
          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
          X