Rough engine idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough engine idle

My festy has been running kinda rough on idle at stops and even once turned off, any suggestions? It has also had a little trouble starting (it will try aka the battery isnt dead but it wont turn over) My dad said to try cleaning the flue injectors via gas supplement, went to o'reilly's and they gave me the best stuff they had, but havn't seen any great improvement (granted I only drove it home and I don't know how long it takes to work) but I was wondering if you guys had any other ideas! thanks.

that stuff won't work within a few miles, it's designed to work over several tanks.

what do the plugs/wires/cap/rotor look like? clogged air filter? newer fuel filter?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I know the air filter and fuel filter are good to go, had a mechanic check it over before I got it, but I will check the plugs/wires/cap/rotor tomorrow morning

Comment

i don't know of any mechanic that can see the inside of filters without cutting them open... just sayin'. but i would start with the basics for sure. post picks too !!!

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

After driving it alot today, like 100 miles or so it seems that thee fuel injector cleaner did the trick, so far.....simple fixes always come back to haunt me.

Comment

inspect your ignition system anyway, it may be due for new stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X