No announcement yet.

one MORE use for PB Blaster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just seen that you can get a gallon of it with a squirt bottle also! waiting for the current can to go dry
    Automotive Misfit

Comment

WD40 works good to start diesels, no clatter like using standard starting fluid. I havent seen any of the $10 miracle sprays do any real miracles. Usually you have to have slight amount movement, then any lubricant will improve things rapidly. I keep small squirt can filled with regular ole Dexron ATF (cheapest version Dexron you can find). That is a good lubricant. But like I say to anybody, use what works for you, maybe its all matter of believing it will work! And if its a real bugger then wont hurt to try the miracle sprays if alternative is long painful amount labor.

Comment

The side of the can shows a styrofoam cup melting LOL. Does what it says and says what it does. How is this stuff even legal in california? .[/QUOTE]

Polystyrene isn't a particularly chemically resistant polymer.
        Acetone and gasoline will both dissolve a styrofoam cup.
        CA can't ban everything, especially if they are serious about conserving energy.
        Polystyrene is one of the best options for insulating a business or home.
        Being a thermoplastic, insulation board can be made from recycled cups, packing peanuts, refrigerator liners, etc.

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        I'm about to finish my last can and haven't even started the rear suspension.
        You live in CA how much rust and corrosion could you possibly have? LOL
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Pu, it's a joke, as anything that works usually gets banned here, other than cannibis...

I only rounded one sway bar nut, the other 3 came off w/o PB blaster. I did break one shock bolt in the rear on another festiva that was cali all its life. I spray and start wrenching immediately, I don't spray and go to bed and spray again, that is not needed fortunately.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Banana Bonanza View Post
            I havent seen any of the $10 miracle sprays do any real miracles. Usually you have to have slight amount movement, then any lubricant will improve things rapidly. I keep small squirt can filled with regular ole Dexron ATF (cheapest version Dexron you can find). That is a good lubricant. But like I say to anybody, use what works for you, maybe its all matter of believing it will work! And if its a real bugger then wont hurt to try the miracle sprays if alternative is long painful amount labor.
            PB Blaster WORKS. No movement necessary. It breaks free rusted together metals ,that is what it is for. If you have movement it is not stuck. PB is not for lubricating...it does perform miracles and does not cost $10.00.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Believe the tech term is penetrating oil vs lubricating oil.
              Big difference in performance.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
              X