electroplating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electroplating?

hey fellow members does electroplating work? does it flake and peel? i am sticking to my B3 engine for a few years so now i am making the B3 engine nice and i herd about this stuff from a mate has any one herd about it? or seen it at all?? thanks
    Omg a Dingo stole my festiva! Jks i own a 1993 red festy and its a damn Monster!

Most people I know can electro-plate, they can even do it to plastic :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      Most people I know can electro-plate, they can even do it to plastic :thumbright:
      thanks
      Omg a Dingo stole my festiva! Jks i own a 1993 red festy and its a damn Monster!

Comment

Here's one for $18 at walmart:

:-P
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

That's how I used to electroplate everything but I've found it more efficient to use a hair dryer, it helps build static charge needed

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by damkid
            That's how I used to electroplate everything but I've found it more efficient to use a hair dryer, it helps build static charge needed
            True, that would give a nice static charge, but I asked my wife about it in light of Inkswitch's comment:

Originally posted by inkswitch View Post
            does it flake and peel?
            And she said if flaking and peeling is a concern DO NOT use a hair dryer. They are apparently well known for causing flaking and split ends
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

But I thought hair dryers are what get used in factory's that do electroplating? :scratch: weird

Comment

Probably why so many of parts that get electroplated when rebuilding a B3 end up flaking in the end.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

thanks for all the commits it seems very divided atm..hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    Probably why so many of parts that get electroplated when rebuilding a B3 end up flaking in the end.
                    That's why the pro shops will add a little epoxy to the electroplater to help keep the flaking to a minimum.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

My jobs plating department was considering doing this when business slows down but they flaked out.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
                        My jobs plating department was considering doing this when business slows down but they flaked out.
                        thanks mate trust me to always want the stuff that looks good in the short term...

Comment

Working...
                        X